By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Splinter Cell: Conviction on the PS3?

I'd say SC:conviction is indeed a timed exclusive, most likely for 1 full year....now during the time where it IS exclusive no other version can be announced, obviously.

Now allot of people may say otherwise, but there have been a few games which have set a precedent for this, Bioshock for example was found to have PS3 code in the PC version, but the PS3 version was denied for a year before it was officially announced, most likely the 1 year exclusivity deal expired...the same happened with Tales of Visperia, it even had the "only on xbox" logo and here it is being released on the PS3 1 year later.

So having said this, there is nothing to stop Ubisoft from porting SC:C over to the PS3 once the exclusivity deal expires...and yes Ubisoft has had 1 year old games ported to the PS3 in the past, GRAW 2 and Rainbow six: vegas 2 are two examples...so like I said there is nothing to stop Ubisoft from porting SC:C over to the PS3 once the exclusivity deal is over.

Take that as you will, as this is only my opinion, but one based on reality and at least with a high possibility of being right.

Around the Network

Yesterday we came with a message on a release date for Gran Turismo 5, which comes from the Inter Toys store. Besides the fact that they are already involved in its advertising, they also gave a release date for the game free, although there is nothing officially announced. Now that they are more separate news the world works.
The image below, which release a list of the above chain, is Splinter Cell: Conviction not only to the Xbox 360, but also for the PlayStation 3. Whether the people of Intertoys know much more than the rest of the world or they are making significant errors. Which one do you think is the case?

please fix the dam text lmao

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Destroyer_of_knights said:
I'd say SC:conviction is indeed a timed exclusive, most likely for 1 full year....now during the time where it IS exclusive no other version can be announced, obviously.

Now allot of people may say otherwise, but there have been a few games which have set a precedent for this, Bioshock for example was found to have PS3 code in the PC version, but the PS3 version was denied for a year before it was officially announced, most likely the 1 year exclusivity deal expired...the same happened with Tales of Visperia, it even had the "only on xbox" logo and here it is being released on the PS3 1 year later.

So having said this, there is nothing to stop Ubisoft from porting SC:C over to the PS3 once the exclusivity deal expires...and yes Ubisoft has had 1 year old games ported to the PS3 in the past, GRAW 2 and Rainbow six: vegas 2 are two examples...so like I said there is nothing to stop Ubisoft from porting SC:C over to the PS3 once the exclusivity deal is over.

Take that as you will, as this is only my opinion, but one based on reality and at least with a high possibility of being right.

That's possible. Likely, even. But they are not shipping on the same date, like the chart suggests. Bogus.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
Destroyer_of_knights said:

That's possible. Likely, even. But they are not shipping on the same date, like the chart suggests. Bogus.

Yep, I second that.

Then you know if it DOES go multi-plat, they're going to say;

"It was a business decision."

can't wait for Track Season 2009/2010, guna beast out!

Travis Touchdown ERECTION CONFIRMED!

Around the Network

its a mistake, the thing also says GT5 will be released 2010... its not right AT ALL

After the hard flopped experienced by previous Splinter Cells on Sony platform. I think Ubisoft knows where Sam Fisher thrives the best. On MS' consoles, just look at the sales for god sake. We know that Sony's Sneaking Agent is Solid Snake, Microsoft's is Sam Fisher and Nintnedo's is.......um Samus?

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

I believe this will be ported to the PS3 in about a year.

Once the PS3 takes the market by storm this X-mas , developers will think differently about keeping games exclusive for the X360...I guess you can bet Splinter Cell Conviction will make it to the PS3 sometime next year, and bet hard on it.

ShadowSoldier said:
After the hard flopped experienced by previous Splinter Cells on Sony platform. I think Ubisoft knows where Sam Fisher thrives the best. On MS' consoles, just look at the sales for god sake. We know that Sony's Sneaking Agent is Solid Snake, Microsoft's is Sam Fisher and Nintnedo's is.......um Samus?

Yeah generally in sales, Xbox is where its best at. So exclusively on 360 is the safe choice.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB