By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Graphics Whore Showdown Round 1: Metal Gear Solid 4 vs Gears of War 2

This thread is aimed at all you graphics whores (like myself) who want their games to look as beautiful as possible. I'll be doing a series of showdowns between two games in each round and I'll take everyone's vote as to which game looks better. The winner of each round will advance to the next round and face the winner from another round (so for example, if Gears 2 wins this round, it will face the game that won Round 2). Each member is allowed one vote per day.

Metal Gear Solid 4

Gears of War 2

Update

After counting the votes it was pretty obvious that both games are beautiful and it's a very close call like I said. The overall opinion was that MGS4 had much better character models and environments while Gears 2 had unmatched textures and a steady framerate despite so much action on the screen. In the end though, Gears 2 racked up 34 votes in total while MGS4 had 28, making Gears of War 2 the winner for round 1! Stay tooned for round 2 which will start shortly!

Around the Network

I'm worried that fanboyism will put things in MGS4's favor. Gears of War 2 is definitely a better looking game. It's beautiful.

I like MGS4 better!

Yes, it's fanboyism.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

MontanaHatchet said:
I'm worried that fanboyism will put things in MGS4's favor. Gears of War 2 is definitely a better looking game. It's beautiful.

It's very close...for me MGS4 has possibly the best character models in gaming today, the octocamo was really well done...but apart from that, I say Gears 2 is the better looking game by a very very VERYYYYY narrow margin!

gears 2

Around the Network

Fanboyism? MGS4 is the better looking game. No fanboyism involved (yes, I've played both games).

stewroids said:
MontanaHatchet said:

It's very close...for me MGS4 has possibly the best character models in gaming today, the octocamo was really well done...but apart from that, I say Gears 2 is the better looking game by a very very VERYYYYY narrow margin!

I think there are only a couple of games that can even stand up graphically to Gears 2. Seriously, gameplay in Gears 2 looks better than the cutscenes in most games.

I ain't no graphic whore... but i'll say Gears

I'd say MGS:4 because of the character models, graphics wise they are very close.

Technically speaking? Gears 2 blasts Metal Gear Solid 4 out of the water. Don't get me wrong, MGS4 is i itself a beautiful game and very aesthetically pleasing, but Gears operates with so much detail on such a scale that some sequences are still amazing to me.