By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Graphics Whore Showdown Round 1: Metal Gear Solid 4 vs Gears of War 2

Round 1? Really now..... =/

This is more like round #3432568 and counting....

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

Around the Network

MGS4, the auto camo is amazing imo.

^That sig is really creepy, man...

Gears 2

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
MontanaHatchet said:
I'm worried that fanboyism will put things in MGS4's favor. Gears of War 2 is definitely a better looking game. It's beautiful.

No, Im worried that fanboyism will put things in GEARS' favor..

Gears of war is one of the most overrated games when it comes to graphics, based on what ive played through and my opinion ofcourse.

MGS4 on the other hand (funny how we have comments coming rom people that havent played MGS4) has horrible environments, and jaw dropping cutscenes (in engine though), so.. until we get to ACT 4 and ACT 5, gears despite imo not looking impressive graphicly speaking may just be as good as MGS4 is during its first 2-3 acts visually speaking (thats taking the cutscenes out of the game), once we look at the later acts you can make a point in saying MGS4 starts to seperate itself from gears of war 2 in the visual department, in environments and what not.

mM
Around the Network

MGS4 Call me a fanboy but my impressed meter went more psycho for MGS4 then it did for Gears 2....now Gears 1 is a diff story as it was my first true next gen game

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

MGS4 octocamo

MGS4 definitly. Much bigger scale too.

Ynwa.

MGS4. Got Gears 2 and it just doesnt impress me as much.

kz2 anyday...jnkg...i thought mgs4 the actual landscape and verything wasnt very good,probably gears

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"