By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGC Poll: What should be Nintendo's next move for the Wii?

What is Nintendo's next move for the Wii?

$50 price cut. 2,891 28.68%

More colors. 1,514 15.02%

Wii Sports Resort pack-in. 567 5.63%

New Super Mario Bros Wii bundle. 650 6.45%

What? Nintendo worry? 1,837 18.22%

Nothing. The Wii is doomed. 2,621 26.00%

Total:10,080

50$ pricecut if they want to reach the projections.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

Nintendo's only competition is themselves from last year. Microsoft and Sony pose no real threat as, even with their price cuts, they are still focusing on mainly core audiences.

To meet and pass last year's bar, Nintendo might want to release an upgraded system similar to how DS lite was released 2 years after DS. Here's a potential feature list:

-new Wii colors (which colors would you want?)
-DVD support
-more internal space to store WiiWare and VC games or bundle an SD card
-Bundle Wii Motion Plus + WSR

It's as simple as that. Maybe new firmware upgrade too.

theARTIST0017 said:
Ok wow. Thank you for annoiting me as CEO you guys can stop clapping now. What's up Denise :) Reggie what's good. Satoru . . . sorry but I must fufil the dream of Nintendo gamers worldwide. You did a good job though I will continue where you left off.

First. I have to give it to Retro Studio's. Good job with the Metroid series but personally I prefer the style that Tecmo is taking the series in, you know more focused on a third person perspective, but again good job. I played your beta version of Star Fox Wii. Wow I'm impressed this is definately going to be the best Star Fox game.

As for the competition, well, at this point in time I don't consider them competition. They have reduced their prices multiple times but it has not affected the Wii in any serious way. But, that doesn't meen we shouldn't cater to our fans. So come this holiday season I want to see the black wii, wiith black wiimote, nunchuck, and motion plus accesories launched no excuses. I also want to see the classic controller pro lauched this holiday season in both black and white.

I don't want Wii Sports Resort nor NSMB Wii to be packed in and I know that may dissapoint, oh what the hell pack in NSMB Wii with the Wii for $279.99 US.

As for the Virtual Console. I want every game to have a playable demo. I want the prices cut on some games. I want games to be updated constantly. I also want a ' Suggestions Board ' where people can log on to and suggest what game they want to come out the next Monday. The game which gets the most vote wins.

R&D I want you to start developing a 60 GB Harddrive for Wii immediately.

This is just the start of some things I would fix if I were CEO

Well done.

Now I want to see one of those Wii haters come in and try to top this role play.

C'mon....be the CEO sabateur and help sink the Ninty ship.

A price cut to match Sony and Microsoft's price cut.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Nothing, they're doing great as is

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
theARTIST0017 said:
Ok wow. Thank you for annoiting me as CEO you guys can stop clapping now. What's up Denise :) Reggie what's good. Satoru . . . sorry but I must fufil the dream of Nintendo gamers worldwide. You did a good job though I will continue where you left off.

First. I have to give it to Retro Studio's. Good job with the Metroid series but personally I prefer the style that Tecmo is taking the series in, you know more focused on a third person perspective, but again good job. I played your beta version of Star Fox Wii. Wow I'm impressed this is definately going to be the best Star Fox game.

As for the competition, well, at this point in time I don't consider them competition. They have reduced their prices multiple times but it has not affected the Wii in any serious way. But, that doesn't meen we shouldn't cater to our fans. So come this holiday season I want to see the black wii, wiith black wiimote, nunchuck, and motion plus accesories launched no excuses. I also want to see the classic controller pro lauched this holiday season in both black and white.

I don't want Wii Sports Resort nor NSMB Wii to be packed in and I know that may dissapoint, oh what the hell pack in NSMB Wii with the Wii for $279.99 US.

As for the Virtual Console. I want every game to have a playable demo. I want the prices cut on some games. I want games to be updated constantly. I also want a ' Suggestions Board ' where people can log on to and suggest what game they want to come out the next Monday. The game which gets the most vote wins.

R&D I want you to start developing a 60 GB Harddrive for Wii immediately.

This is just the start of some things I would fix if I were CEO

Well done.

Now I want to see one of those Wii haters come in and try to top this role play.

C'mon....be the CEO sabateur and help sink the Ninty ship.

I'm not a Wii hater, but let me try...

So as your new CEO elected to replace Iwata, an incompetant fool who obviously led Nintendo to its doomz, my first matter of business is to release a new Wii HD. That's right! It's everything you've been waiting for! By the way, the HD stands for Home Depot. That's because we have partnered with the company to bring the first ever Toilet Installation controller. That's right! You can install your very own toilet and get graded with a "toilet installation age". Last time I played I was 62, Waghh! And that is just the first in our line of bathroom installation periphrals!

Another matter of importance is our online multiplayer. What were we thinking with friend codes, eh? Yeah... too short! They are way to easy to memorize and that presents some kind of security risk or something. We have to obviously make the codes longer. Therefore we are increasing the codes from 16 digits to 64. You know, like Nintendo 64! Cleaver, eh?

Another thing is Wii Speak. We have been supporting this too much! Therefore we are cutting support for Animal Crossing. We are also cutting the Mario and Zelda franchises and focusing all our energy on Wii Music 2 and Virtual Boy DS. 

Let's also add a blu-ray and retail it for 599 US dollars. It will be okay as long as we have a game with GIANT ENEMY CRABS.

Okay that was fun. EVEN THEN, they would still beat MS and Sony!

I can't understand the option "What? Nintendo worry?". They have to worry if they continue selling less than the previous year, because they have to reach their prevision for the FY; if not, they are not foomed o something else, but simply their investors will not be happy, especially if they fail their prevision for more than the 10% of that (10% of 26m = 2.6 m---> 23.4 m at least to reach).

They are the most profitable, and they can do something (and will!) without loosing profitability...

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Toilet controller bundled with No More Heroes 2, confirmed!

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Bundle Metroid Prime Trilogy

I voted "Wii is doomed"

for the lulz