By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGC Poll: What should be Nintendo's next move for the Wii?

What is Nintendo's next move for the Wii?

$50 price cut. 2,891 28.68%

More colors. 1,514 15.02%

Wii Sports Resort pack-in. 567 5.63%

New Super Mario Bros Wii bundle. 650 6.45%

What? Nintendo worry? 1,837 18.22%

Nothing. The Wii is doomed. 2,621 26.00%

Total:10,080

Alright all you armchair analysts out there, Imagine this:

You are Nintendo's new CEO.  You get to call the shots.  You get to take a look at the latest attacks from Sony and Microsoft and decide what your next move will be.  So how does this play out?  Do you drop the cost of the Giga Gamecube or do you think it'll only take a few different shades of protective plastic on the beast to turn around this current slowdown for the White Wonder?

Or are you one of those purists who believe that the ultimate way to sell systems is to pack-in that truly must have game of the holiday season.  If so, be you Wii Sports Resort or NSMBWii.  Don't be shy.  We know all of you around here have opinions and aren't afraid to use them.  Just be careful you don't shoot yourself in the foot...or worse.

And welcome also to you Wii naysayers.  You've been here for a while and maybe you're mostly excited right now about the prospect of Nintendo taking that great fall once again.  Somehow you managed to con the higher ups into thinking that you belong in the driver's seat of The Great MarioKart and you're only ambition is to steer it into a wall, or better yet take it into a suicide plunge into Mushroom Gorge.  

And for those of you underachievers who somehow attained the highest office in all of Mushroom Kingdom...should we just wait this one out through the holidays and do nothing?  I mean, look at that lead.  There's no way the other two could possibly hope to steal away that blue ocean of casual converts in one short holiday season, is there?

Happy Voting...oh, and how much are you getting paid for this new gig anyway?  I hear Nintendo execs sleep in money-filled comforters.

Around the Network

i voted for $50 price cut, that should get them back to selling like they used to.

the results so far just make me shake my head, with all the fanboys voting for the wii is doomed.

I say just drop some new colors. Nintendo's software is good this holiday season, so they won't need a price cut. They cannot do nothing, but the Wii is not doomed, nor near the point where they company has to act desperately.

Wii Sports Resort and New Super Mario Bros. Wii will sell enough on their own, so there should be no bundling; that would decrease their standalone value. Wii Sports is enough to pack-in with the console in a bundle.

The only people who think the Wii is legitimately doomed don't exist. Fanboys however believe that nonsense and hate Nintendo with an unusual passion. Expect that to get the most votes, just to give the haters something to talk about.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

i voted for New Super Mario Bros Wii bundle.

Does "what? Nintendo Worry?" mean they'll do nothing?

Because, they only have to release more software and sales could climb back up.

I don't think they need a price cut yet.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

I voted "What, Nintendo Worry?"

The Gamecube and Xbox were more competitive with the PS2 after all their price cuts, but we all know how last generation ended up.

Welcome Back Mr Etecoon!

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

elgefe02 said:
Welcome Back Mr Etecoon!

I left?

Haha...thanks my masked compatriot.  Just stop touching my screen.  You're getting fingerprints all over it.

I voted the wii doomed lol jk I voted for a new bundle with NSMBWII

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

i voted "what? nintendo worry?" because its true, Nintendo has been in this business for 25 years they don't need to worry nintendo knows how to run there business.. they probably release a wii colour and a 50 buck price cut.. which is the same gimmick that Sony did with there ps3 slim, they released an ps3 slim plus pricecut