By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Disgaea 3 Trailer

Soriku said:
I just love the Sony fans who say "WIiz graFFIkZ SuCK!11!" but don't complain about this.

They don't hate Wii's graphics, they hate Wii in general.

i wonder why your not banned yet... or at least warned

Around the Network

nice! but nothing new ))

Kasz216 said:

I actually think if looks like a PS2 game. Like every other Nippon Ichi strategy game. Nothing wrong with that. That's just the "right look" for the game. Some things just look "better" with "last gen graphics".

I mean, compare it to TV... and shows like... Fosters home for Imaginary Friends or Southpark. Sure those shows could be drawn better, but they just wouldn't have the same charm. That's why I lament the loss of the "Sprite" RPG. Those little guys had their own brand of humor that was lost in the transition from 2D munchkin sprites to 3-D.

Very much agree with you.

There are many different styles of art in games and there is no one style that is the best for every game.  Sprite art definitely has its place IMO.

mrstickball said:
Actually, they recently made a Disagea for the PSP: it bombed pretty bad as far as I know, atleast in the US.

Either way, I know Disagea is PS3-exclusive, supposedly. Nevertheless, I just have a small feeling that Sony will either have to drop alot of cash to keep it exclusive, or will give up rights to it.

Not so much because of Japan (where I believe 1 and 2 did around 250k each), but because of the US and PAL regions (where it does a total of 500k-600k per title).

Since when? I was always under the impression it did less over here because of its niche status and because so few copies are actually released to begin with. And VGC has no sales data for the games in the US. I think someone is grossly overestimating here.

I don't really see how Sony would pay for such a niche title, really...it's not going to do anything for the PS3's situation and SCEA will probably be damned if they let it get brought to the US.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

mrstickball said:
Also, why are a bunch of anti-Sony people posting in a Sony board?

Stop the flaming, or you get banned. This is a discussion about Disagea, not about how you want to bash Sony fans, or praise the graphics because "they could be done on a Wii"

lol whut? Is this a crime now? Are moderators going to start enforcing segregation?

I just want to know beforehand because I post through Hot Topics 95% of the time. I can give two shits less if it were the Sony board or the Baby Eating board, partly because I don't know either way. I just hope people aren't being judged or threatened based on which forum they might be posting on. Considering that some of the biggest advocaters of segragated users have been banned (Hus), I'd like to think history has proven this to be a bad idea.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

I actually quite liked the graphic style =P

The chain of people type attacks look quite interesting.

ClaudeLv250 said:
mrstickball said:
Actually, they recently made a Disagea for the PSP: it bombed pretty bad as far as I know, atleast in the US.

Either way, I know Disagea is PS3-exclusive, supposedly. Nevertheless, I just have a small feeling that Sony will either have to drop alot of cash to keep it exclusive, or will give up rights to it.

Not so much because of Japan (where I believe 1 and 2 did around 250k each), but because of the US and PAL regions (where it does a total of 500k-600k per title).

Since when? I was always under the impression it did less over here because of its niche status and because so few copies are actually released to begin with. And VGC has no sales data for the games in the US. I think someone is grossly overestimating here.

I don't really see how Sony would pay for such a niche title, really...it's not going to do anything for the PS3's situation and SCEA will probably be damned if they let it get brought to the US.

I don't know. I actually find that it's exactly these kind of niche games that can move consoles.  I know i got both the PS1 and the PS2 for it's strong SRPG support.

I also know someone who has a PS2, but absolutely hates the PS3 because they didn't like the price it was released at, to the point that they didn't want it at all.  However despite still disliking it they've resigned to buy it ever since Persona 4 was announced for it.

They won't move giant numbers of consoles, but niche games often have a strong loyal base that will buy anything in that series no matter what console it's out for.   I think Niche games have a stronger console effect then games that with "mainstream appeal" that will sell nearly twice as much.