By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why does the XBox 360 online service have a monthly fee?

Skeeuk said:
im off to play resident evil 5 with voice chat and game invites for free.

cya soon

Just create a party and move it to the game... oh wait... you can't...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Around the Network
heruamon said:
It cost money, because the best don't come for free!

Last time I checked Linux was free

susymar said:
heruamon said:
It cost money, because the best don't come for free!

Last time I checked Linux was free

Linux has nothing to do here.

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Because the best isn't free.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

My Audi cost way more than my wife's peugeot.

They both have seats, 4 wheels and two wipers....wtf ?

Hum...

Around the Network
Infinity said:
MAFKKA said:
When you say MS throwing developers a bone, you mean us gamers are throwing them a bone, right?

When is someone going to throw us gamers a bone?

Are you serious? When Halo 2 first came out with it's Live capabilities, it was an exciting day. Console gaming generally has less lag than PC gaming, which IMO gave Halo 2 multiplayer the greatest FPS online experience up until that point. I felt gamers were thrown a bone with the creation of live. And for continuing to pay these nominal fees, we've had the best online service ever since. One way or another, we gamers pay for everything. Sony 1) charges developers and 2) has less features. So the costs from PSN come from 1) theoretically less of a budget for games development and 2) having less features. Both are a loss to gamers. Microsoft puts the price tag up front, it's easy on everyone, and anyone too cheap to pay for quality can still settle for PSN. (Though if they're cheap, they're also unlikely to have purchased a PS3 before now)

Infinity said:
MAFKKA said:
When you say MS throwing developers a bone, you mean us gamers are throwing them a bone, right?

When is someone going to throw us gamers a bone?

I have had live for some time now (around 3-4 years) and on average I have received 2 free games a year.  I guess that would count as a "bone".

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!