By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gaming Icon Tournament: Link VS Lara Croft

Link for god´s sake

Nintendo is the best videogames company ever!

Around the Network
Scoobes said:
Lara Croft.

2 films (starring Angelina Jolie) based on the 8 games. I don't see why people think Link is the bigger icon. Ask anyone anywhere (gamer or non) and they would recognise Lara Croft. Not so much Link.

LOL Zelda games have had a much larget influence and impact on the industry than the Tomb Raider games. It could be said that the Zelda games paved the way for the Tomb Raider games to even exist.

Besides, the Tomb Raider movies were terrible. Right there with the Street Fighter movie.

bardicverse said:
Scoobes said:
Lara Croft.

2 films (starring Angelina Jolie) based on the 8 games. I don't see why people think Link is the bigger icon. Ask anyone anywhere (gamer or non) and they would recognise Lara Croft. Not so much Link.

LOL Zelda games have had a much larget influence and impact on the industry than the Tomb Raider games. It could be said that the Zelda games paved the way for the Tomb Raider games to even exist.

Besides, the Tomb Raider movies were terrible. Right there with the Street Fighter movie.

But its meant to be about which character is more iconic, not which game has had the biggest influence. If that was the case then Zelda wins hands-down. And the films weren't terrible, they had Angelina Jolie in them, that immediately gives them better scores for every second she's on screen . Also, I don't agree the Zelda games paved the way for Tomb Raider. 2-D Prince of Persia or Mario maybe, but Zelda and Tomb Raider play very differently.

Scoobes said:
bardicverse said:
Scoobes said:
Lara Croft.

But its meant to be about which character is more iconic, not which game has had the biggest influence. If that was the case then Zelda wins hands-down. And the films weren't terrible, they had Angelina Jolie in them, that immediately gives them better scores for every second she's on screen . Also, I don't agree the Zelda games paved the way for Tomb Raider. 2-D Prince of Persia or Mario maybe, but Zelda and Tomb Raider play very differently.

The films were pretty crap, Angela Jolie or not. Besides, we all know she cant act. Every young male loves her for her tatas. That is all she is good for, and she's looking pretty old these days anyway. The character of Lara Croft isn't widely known as Link is, thus the term "Iconic" - recognition.

And yes, the zelda games paved the way for games like Tomb Raider, as Tomb Raider is an adventure game, which Zelda was one of the very first adventure games to exist.

Scoobes said:
bardicverse said:
Scoobes said:
Lara Croft.

No it's about your favourite, they're all icons in some respect so that explains the "icon" in the title. "If" this were a vote on the biggest icon in gaming Mario should/would win. This is about your favourite VG Icon

Around the Network

Link.

There's still some voting right?

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Seece said:
Scoobes said:
bardicverse said:
Scoobes said:
Lara Croft.

No it's about your favourite, they're all icons in some respect so that explains the "icon" in the title. "If" this were a vote on the biggest icon in gaming Mario should/would win. This is about your favourite VG Icon

Oh bollocks. Oh well, I'm gonna stick with Lara c'os I can't be arsed to change my post and she has a pair of DDs. Link still needs to get out of that green training Bra....

i'll close this in a bit

I'll vote for Lara, if it's not too late.

LOL Seece - I love the sig.