By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Advice on insulting people.

Akvod said:It's a work of fiction, where you get to write the perfect lines and you get to write how the other person reacts.

And I told the OP not to retort at all, not whatever shit you wrote for me as a strawman. You insult will only get you laughed at (dinosaurs? What the fuck?) and using premade comebacks don't work since it doesn't take into account the exact situation and tiny nuances (the person's name, the argument at hand, who you are, etc).

So we can't even provide comebacks for him, he has to be a clever person and even still, if you're surrounded by idiots they'll act like they've won and just by that, they will always win. In the same logic, you can win if you brush off their immature insults (do you really feel insulted if you get called a nerd by some 6 year old? And can you really feel like you really showed a 6 year old kid if he didn't even understand what you said and laughs?)

He'll have to constantly remember our comebacks, and change them up not to sound repetitive. Giving a comeback will warrant another comeback, and if he's going to fight a war of attrition, he'll lose. He also probably has some negative/humilating qualities for him to get insulted in the first place, and so he's in a severe disadvantage. He'll have to tell us the flaws of his oponnents and again, these things have to be done in the spur of the momment, and by him, not us.

This thread is not going to help him if he's looking to fight fire with fire. I'm telling him the best, and long term solution to the problem. Ignore it. You win if you're not bothered by it. Try to eliminate potential source of things that would get you insulted (if your sense of fashion is bad, don't try to look fashionable. You'll probably fail in the process. Just wear stuff like high school t-shirts, university hoodies, etc. Stuff that everybody will wear at some point anyway), and shut up if you can't insult since your words would only get used against you. Seem as sympathetic as possible by not instigating anything, being nice to other people, not doing anything stupid/laughable, etc.

Oh my stars. You still do not grasp what I said. I posted that quote to mock the insults he posted. If he is going to use other bad retorts, he might as well use that one. I was insulting him and his retorts; I was not giving him advice. Do you honesty believe that a reasonable person would advise someone to use that as a retort? I almost pity you for wasting all of that time typing a long response; however, it is cute. You even attempted to use the term "straw man."

Around the Network

And if psychological warfare isn't your thing, you can't go wrong with the classics-

response to anything a guy says: "your mom"
response to anything a girl says: some sort of oral sex comment.

Orca_Azure said:
And if psychological warfare isn't your thing, you can't go wrong with the classics-

Girls are also vulnerable to the "tuna" insult. Every person should have that insult in their arsenal.

Jackson50 said:
Orca_Azure said:

Girls are also vulnerable to the "tuna" insult. Every person should have that insult in their arsenal.

What's the "tuna" insult?

Jackson50 said:
Akvod said:It's a work of fiction, where you get to write the perfect lines and you get to write how the other person reacts.

And I told the OP not to retort at all, not whatever shit you wrote for me as a strawman. You insult will only get you laughed at (dinosaurs? What the fuck?) and using premade comebacks don't work since it doesn't take into account the exact situation and tiny nuances (the person's name, the argument at hand, who you are, etc).

So we can't even provide comebacks for him, he has to be a clever person and even still, if you're surrounded by idiots they'll act like they've won and just by that, they will always win. In the same logic, you can win if you brush off their immature insults (do you really feel insulted if you get called a nerd by some 6 year old? And can you really feel like you really showed a 6 year old kid if he didn't even understand what you said and laughs?)

He'll have to constantly remember our comebacks, and change them up not to sound repetitive. Giving a comeback will warrant another comeback, and if he's going to fight a war of attrition, he'll lose. He also probably has some negative/humilating qualities for him to get insulted in the first place, and so he's in a severe disadvantage. He'll have to tell us the flaws of his oponnents and again, these things have to be done in the spur of the momment, and by him, not us.

This thread is not going to help him if he's looking to fight fire with fire. I'm telling him the best, and long term solution to the problem. Ignore it. You win if you're not bothered by it. Try to eliminate potential source of things that would get you insulted (if your sense of fashion is bad, don't try to look fashionable. You'll probably fail in the process. Just wear stuff like high school t-shirts, university hoodies, etc. Stuff that everybody will wear at some point anyway), and shut up if you can't insult since your words would only get used against you. Seem as sympathetic as possible by not instigating anything, being nice to other people, not doing anything stupid/laughable, etc.

Oh my stars. You still do not grasp what I said. I posted that quote to mock the insults he posted. If he is going to use other bad retorts, he might as well use that one. I was insulting him and his retorts; I was not giving him advice. Do you honesty believe that a reasonable person would advise someone to use that as a retort? I almost pity you for wasting all of that time typing a long response; however, it is cute. You even attempted to use the term "straw man."

Straw man isn't some special term O.o You put words in my mouth, I think it's fitting that I used it. I didn't watch your movie clip (and still haven't) so if it's 2 idiots insulting each other with dumb insults then I would have understood.

Around the Network

"Straw man" might not be a special term, but I found it comical that you employed it. It made me laugh. It evinced how serious you were about proving your point.  

Anyway, you are beginning to understand why I posted the video. To insult him and his insults.

^^The tuna insult is when you insinuate that a girl's vagina smells similar to tuna. Although you do not always have to insinuate it, I find that suggesting it is more effective than overtly stating it. Nonetheless, either method would work. The insult is effective because it insults the girl in two ways: first, it implies that the girl is a tramp; second, it implies that the girl has bad vaginal hygiene. That was a deadly insult when I went to high school. Many girls suffered humiliation because of it.

do you live in the states?

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Jackson50 said:

"Straw man" might not be a special term, but I found it comical that you employed it. It made me laugh. It evinced how serious you were about proving your point.  

Anyway, you are beginning to understand why I posted the video. To insult him and his insults.

^^The tuna insult is when you insinuate that a girl's vagina smells similar to tuna. Although you do not always have to insinuate it, I find that suggesting it is more effective than overtly stating it. Nonetheless, either method would work. The insult is effective because it insults the girl in two ways: first, it implies that the girl is a tramp; second, it implies that the girl has bad vaginal hygiene. That was a deadly insult when I went to high school. Many girls suffered humiliation because of it.

How does me using the term "straw man" have anything to do with how badly I wanted to prove my point? Almost everybody knows what the term is and means...

Anyway just don't completely rely on video clips and sarcasm to tell your point. There are plenty of idiots on the internet so it's not strange that I mistaken you for one, and I shouldn't have to watch a movie that I don't care about. Whatever, this was all just a misunderstanding, we both think it's stupid for the OP to try to actually use his insults and take on his bullies with cleverness.

Take Brian Griffin's example:

"You know Connie I think I have a theory about why you're such a bitch... you see Connie, you're popular because you developed early and started putting out when you were twelve, but now you can't stand to look at yourself in the mirror because all you see is a whore, so you pick on Meg to avoid the inevitable realization that once your body's used up by age nineteen, you're going to be a worn out, chalky skin, burlap sack that even your step-dad won't want, how's that, am I in the ballpark?"

One think most people have to make them hilarious at insults is a quick, cruel, sharp wit or an ample amount of teenage insults. I, being blessed among those who are completely hilarious, can fire back a witty retort.

But who gives a shit about them? To use a cliche, I'm not the captain of the football team either. Seventh grade was hell, eight grade, I had those who did like me, but there were jerks. Unfortunately, I've developed a reputation as being civil, so I rarely insult someone. What pisses someone off is just be aloof to their insults and sort of say "yep" "mhmm", and all that stuff or just "agree" with them.

"Scott, you're a fat turd, go away."
"Yep, I sure am."
"Your drawing looks like shit."
"Yeah."
"Shut up, you idiot!"
"Mmhmm."

It pissed him off.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you