By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 250GB PS3 Slim + GT5 Bundle Coming

woa sony=god this year (even though i hate KZ2)

Around the Network

@kowenicki 

Jed3 is right, if you were picking an electric shave and one had

100 giglolwut vs 250 giglolwut you would go for the 250 cause you tink its better.

@Kowenicki yeah but still,if your gonna use it alot then your gonna buy the best one,why buy a crappy old car when you can get a BWM for a lil more?

I already have to delete stuff off my 80 gig ps3. Gonna put in a 1tb drive in there soon though.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Garnett said:

@Kowenicki yeah but still,if your gonna use it alot then your gonna buy the best one,why buy a crappy old car when you can get a BWM for a lil more?

The problem is this would be $100 more (33% higher) for some extra memory (120Gb is pretty good as it is) and a game. From the consumer side I don't actually think this is a great deal. From Sony's side, at least they would likely be making a profit on each one of these bundles sold (or at the very least greatly reducing their loses).

Around the Network

kowenicki - but you are forgetting that GT5 is suppose to be bundled with this 250 gig. They see the GT5 they see the 250 gigs. They might think its worth the extra 100 dollars without thinking it through like you have.

If this was to be priced at £299 in the UK then that wouldn't be a bad deal as the normal slim + GT5 would probably cost around that anyway.

@Kowenicki yes but if you have say enough money to buy car,you can wait a lil bit longer to buy the better one.

If you got 10,000 saved up and  your car is 10,000 you can buy that sure,but you can save up 2,000 more and get the deluxe edition.

kowenicki said:
kowenicki said:
ioi said:
This is pure speculation, just like the "PS3 sales skyrocketing"

interesting comment right there.......

Am I reading too much into this little throw away comment from ioi.... ? 

More than likely... yes, hes pointing it out because it was in the OP.

Not even ioi knows how many Slims will be sold.

Also, i may be wrong... but isnt "Speculating" just... guessing?

kowenicki said:
kowenicki said:
ioi said:
This is pure speculation, just like the "PS3 sales skyrocketing"

interesting comment right there.......

Am I reading too much into this little throw away comment from ioi.... ? 

It caught my attention too but until the slim actually lanuches then no one can really know what the PS3 sales have done. Pehaps they haven't dramitically increased this week but I wouldn't really expect them to yet (why but a fat when you can get a slim with a bigger HDD).