By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "Sony Asks $315 To Fix New PS3 Blu ray Problem"

egypt-my-love said:
my ps3 has been on fire for 3 times and the warranty has totaly fix it for free

Who ware you Mr "I joined today" ?

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Around the Network
Seece said:
blackops said:

These mysterious complaints just seem to pop up after a price cut is announced for the PS3. Wow, the media really is scared of the ps3 making a comeback

I'm not sure why the media would be scared of that ...

Because everybody in the US wants to support "American" products which is the xbox 360 in this case. That's why there are so many negative articles about the ps3 in the press. If it were the xbox360 in the ps3's shoes right now, it wouldnt have mattered that much to the media

blackops said:
Seece said:
blackops said:

These mysterious complaints just seem to pop up after a price cut is announced for the PS3. Wow, the media really is scared of the ps3 making a comeback

Because everybody in the US wants to support "American" products which is the xbox 360 in this case. That's why there are so many negative articles about the ps3 in the press. If it were the xbox360 in the ps3's shoes right now, it wouldnt have mattered that much to the media

That excuse is bullshit.

Explain how the Wii has done so well if that is so?

Carl2291 said:
blackops said:
Seece said:
blackops said:

That excuse is bullshit.

Explain how the Wii has done so well if that is so?

Because everybody is obssessed with losing weight  and the Wii was smart enough to make WiiFit and also the wiimote attracts casuals and . The Wii does not rival the 360; the ps3 does

Seece said:
Carl2291 said:
Seece said:
blackops said:

Because all of the media has despised the PS3 since it was first released.

OT: This is how they can afford the pricecut!

Yup, still not seeing how the media would be scared, they can flip like the side of a coin. If the PS3 starts doing well they'll start praising it, noone can touch the media.

I BEG TO DIFFER!!! or maybe you just need to explain that claim a bit better.

Is PS3 still $699 in Australia???

Around the Network
inverted3reality said:
My guess is that she is lying, the way she worded it seems as if to incite some sort of flame war. My guess is just another person jumping on the PS3 hate bandwagon. My launch PS3's blu-ray drive died and it cost me 50$ to fix it. Considering my 360 failed 3 times in one year, I'd rather pay 50$. Just another experience, just because it happens to one person doesn't mean it's an issue all will feel.

^this

the whole analogy with how much it cost to fix your car blah blah seemed totally spurious and meant for provokation.

On top of that its not clearly stated in the headline that $315 is australian $

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

i am not sure if she is lying about that price cause my friend was asked to pay 150 for fixing his ps3 bluray drive...his disc got stuck inside

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

mike_intellivision said:

Just some facts

An Australian dollar is worth

USD 0.83.5
EUR 0.58.4
UKP 0.51.1
CAD 0.90.4
NZD 1.22.1
JPY 78.91
CHF 0.88.6

Also, this issue is one related to how Sony is handling business in Australia. Unless you live in Australia or New Zealand, you probably do not interface with the same arm of Sony. And has been seen with other consoles, different parts of the same global company have different rules, regulations, and prices.

Related to that, as far as the price cut theory. SCE Australia has NOT cut its price (as of a week ago). http://www.smarthouse.com.au/Gaming/Industry/P3B2E2U5

"Sony Computer Entertainment Australia is refusing to say whether they will slash the cost of their PS3 gaming console in Australia after the price of the console was slashed overseas.

"Among the most expensive gaming consoles in the world SCE Australia has a reputation for price gouging and not passing on overseas price cuts."

Thus, it is this company and not Sony in general which is incurring the wrath of Trish in Melbourne.

Mike from Morgantown

EDIT ADD -- From the context though, it does appear that SmartHouse and SCE Oz do not get along.

I can say that SCE Australia have indeed dropped the price as the PlayStation 3 slim model is available for pre order at JB HiFi for $494 with a bonus HDMI cable. http://www.jbhifi.com.au/games/new-look-120-gb-ps3-console/?utm_source=jb-au-adserver&utm_medium=banner-jb-au-adserver&utm_term=png&utm_content=adserver-828x102&utm_campaign=new-look-ps3

waron said:
sony's ps3 service was after all named as the worst service among all big 3 - i'm not suprised.

Dude you seriously need to keep your PS3 hate under control. At this rate you would need to visit a shrink ASAP.

Opps I see you got banned. Now that will give you some much needed rest.

cheerio.

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

ocnkng said:
inverted3reality said:
My guess is that she is lying, the way she worded it seems as if to incite some sort of flame war. My guess is just another person jumping on the PS3 hate bandwagon. My launch PS3's blu-ray drive died and it cost me 50$ to fix it. Considering my 360 failed 3 times in one year, I'd rather pay 50$. Just another experience, just because it happens to one person doesn't mean it's an issue all will feel.

^this

the whole analogy with how much it cost to fix your car blah blah seemed totally spurious and meant for provokation.

On top of that its not clearly stated in the headline that $315 is australian $

Its an Australian article, if they don't specify it as something like USD then it's going to be Australian dollars that they're talking about..