By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Site's Layout & graphics adjustments

I'm not a big fan of the new look for the links. I like it when the top five games on the right of the main screen just has the console names as the icons, the mini-pictures just make it a visual mess.

Putting the OP's avatar infront of threads on the main page creates a very disorienting and messy vissage as well, it won't help new visitors navigate terribly well and I don't think most people are that terribly benefited by seeing the avatar as oppossed to reading the OP's name.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it, that's my take on it though. Anyone else's thoughts? 

Around the Network

It's good, just too small and squished.

Also adds push my recent forum posts on the left all the way down so I have to scroll to find them, kinda annoying.

Girl Gamer Elite said:

I'm not a big fan of the new look for the links. I like it when the top five games on the right of the main screen just has the console names as the icons, the mini-pictures just make it a visual mess.

Putting the OP's avatar infront of threads on the main page creates a very disorienting and messy vissage as well, it won't help new visitors navigate terribly well and I don't think most people are that terribly benefited by seeing the avatar as oppossed to reading the OP's name.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it, that's my take on it though. Anyone else's thoughts?

I agree, the front page really hurts my eyes.  It's way too busy, and there's really no benefit to having the op's avatar there.

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout

Eh It seems a bit funky to me but i'll get used to it

"Everyone else see's the Joker laugh; only Harley has ever seen him cry."- Arleen Sorkin

In an hour of Darkness a blind man is
the best guide. In an age of Insanity
look to the madman to show the way.
- - Warhammer 40,000 rule book

Around the Network

I don't really like the avatar images at the front of thread names (but can live with it). The thread name should be the most important thing, not who created it - or what they designate their avatar/icon to be.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I'm with Girl Gamer Elite on this one.. just make it how it was.

gamingdevil said:
I'm with Girl Gamer Elite on this one.. just make it how it was.

maybe we could even get rid of the google link colors, but i dont really mind those much anymore 

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout

I don't know and have no opinion. Either way works with me.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

from a design perspective, it's pretty terrible. There's just too much going on. Things are squished tiny, pictures everywhere. Remember what made google what they are today. Lightning fast results and a no-nonsense homepage

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!