By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would I like Fallout 3?

will you play it on console? VATS makes things a lot easier, but there are some mods out there that make it a bit more difficult, and some UI-improving mods too (I don't really care for "balance" mods and all that stuff)

I have never played Oblivion, but I imagine there's a lot of melee combat, which also suck balls in Fallout. at the same time, I think shooting sucks without VATS.

I don't know, I think you might like it.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Around the Network
AkibaFan said:
I loved oblivion & hated fallout 3

that means you'll love fallout 3 as you hated oblivion

I was the same as Akiba.

I will be playing on PS3, so no mods, I will play on 360 if that version is vastly superior, but I though the F3 problems had been sorted out on PS3?

I managed to buy Fallout 3 for £13 for the PC - the deal was too good to ignore, why pay extra for the game of the year version if you might not like the game?

Playing : PC  AOE, DiRT 2, Runes of Magic, Wings of Prey & Planetside 2  

Wii U : Nintendoland, Super Mario U  & Fifa 2013 demo

DS : Guitar Hero : On Tour

Formerly unknown as Vengi

http://vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=2331

Munkeh111 said:
I will be playing on PS3, so no mods, I will play on 360 if that version is vastly superior, but I though the F3 problems had been sorted out on PS3?

Im not sure about the current differences, but IIRC at the time they were better framerate and MSAA for the Xbox 360. Since the wasteland has quite a few sharp lines if you dislike frame-rate drops or aliasing you may be better off with the Xbox 360 version.

I hated Oblivion too, but I absolutely loved Fallout 3. I put in over 100 hours already and thats with just one playthrough and without the expansions. When I come back to it, im sure im going to drop another 200 hours in easy!

If theres one thing I can say about the game is that for an open world title, the atmosphere is absolutely fantastic. I completely immersed myself in the lore of the game, the music and everything! If you loved the dialogue in Mass Effect theres a good chance you'll appreciate the dialogue in Fallout 3 as well.

edit: @ Reasonable, its unreasonable to panic in a game like Fallout 3. A reasonable person always comes prepared and can deal with anything.

Tease.

Around the Network

Very positive stuff, I have enough games right now with Shadow Complex and Batman AA, but this has been added to my Christmas list!

Your 360 needs some love... don't deny it this, please!!!!!!

Tease.

The 1550 points is quite appealing... My 360 should be getting DiRT 2 and Dragon Age Origins at Christmas, but I much prefer the PS3 controller, and the 360 is louder, oh and my 360 storage rack is full

Munkeh111 said:
Okay, I'll look at some more reviews and details of the VATS system. I did like ME, so I do like action RPGs

I like Mass Effect and action rpg`s...and i hate fallout 3. VATS turns it into a jrpg if you think about it.

It`s more like an exploration/levell up game than an action rpg. It does have some horror levels,too.

I whould buy Borderlands instead of this...or wait for Mass Effect 2 and Rage.

Squilliam said:
Munkeh111 said:

Im not sure about the current differences, but IIRC at the time they were better framerate and MSAA for the Xbox 360. Since the wasteland has quite a few sharp lines if you dislike frame-rate drops or aliasing you may be better off with the Xbox 360 version.

I hated Oblivion too, but I absolutely loved Fallout 3. I put in over 100 hours already and thats with just one playthrough and without the expansions. When I come back to it, im sure im going to drop another 200 hours in easy!

If theres one thing I can say about the game is that for an open world title, the atmosphere is absolutely fantastic. I completely immersed myself in the lore of the game, the music and everything! If you loved the dialogue in Mass Effect theres a good chance you'll appreciate the dialogue in Fallout 3 as well.

edit: @ Reasonable, its unreasonable to panic in a game like Fallout 3. A reasonable person always comes prepared and can deal with anything.

My panic in Fallout 3 when I ran out of VATS was nothing next to my panic in Dead Space when I ran had to reload at the wrong moment.

Funnily enough, my level 20 perk was the one where your VATS refills with power when you make a kill - no panic then, just pure ownage.

Munkeh111 - I think Fallout 3 remains a little better on 360 graphically, particularly for AA.  Obviously you have the expansions too.  The PS3 version actually has some interesting pros too - in as much as for some odd reason the developers seem to have left more PC options turned 'on' than 'off' (I think Digital Vault comparison pointed this out) but you take a frame rate and AA hit as a result.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...