By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What I ( Like / Don't Like ) About My PS3

phinch1 said:
Asmo said:
axumblade said:
Are you serious about the charging issues? My dualshocks charge of my laptop. because I don't like sitting that close to my tv...

This

Also:

- my dualshock connect and start the console everytime I do it. Not 2 times out of 5

- the only reason it overheats is because the powersupply is inside. Touch the brick of the 360 after it ran all day and you will feel that it's hot.

- "why can't my PS3 just STAY on 1080p even when I force it" First of all, don't force the upscaling it may make games look uglier. Second, the PS3 doesn't have an hardware upscaler like the 360, so you have to let your TV do the upscale.

- For triggers, you can use that : http://www.amazon.com/RealTriggers-Playstation-3/dp/B001IAOEXU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1251104987&sr=8-1

I love those triggers, i cant game without them lol although i suggest buying a new pair every few months because they start to come off more frequently or maybe thats just me thats expirienced this?

I actually like how the back triggers are (I bought and tried out those things), because I utilize the slipping motion to be able to quickly press R2 and L2 for my other weapons and to cut down time on my reloads (as soon as the magazine goes in, and the ammo number changes, you can switch between weapons and be able to fire instead of waiting for the entire reloading animation).

People say that the product doesn't interfere with the speed of the button, but to me it does >.< And I like to use minimal force to press the back buttons, and not consciously think and press it... if that makes sense. You have to do everything by instincts, and I can't get bogged down with resistance and hesitation.

Around the Network
Asmo said:
axumblade said:
Are you serious about the charging issues? My dualshocks charge of my laptop. because I don't like sitting that close to my tv...

This

Also:

- my dualshock connect and start the console everytime I do it. Not 2 times out of 5

- the only reason it overheats is because the powersupply is inside. Touch the brick of the 360 after it ran all day and you will feel that it's hot.

- "why can't my PS3 just STAY on 1080p even when I force it" First of all, don't force the upscaling it may make games look uglier. Second, the PS3 doesn't have an hardware upscaler like the 360, so you have to let your TV do the upscale.

- For triggers, you can use that : http://www.amazon.com/RealTriggers-Playstation-3/dp/B001IAOEXU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1251104987&sr=8-1

- well mine doesn't

- is knowing that going to make my PS3 run cooler?

- Socom says 1080p on the box, but does not play in 1080p, just 720p, I have to force it, doesn't look crappier when I do it

- Ya got them for one of my Controllers awhile ago

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

My PS3 runs like an ice box

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

sega4life said:

- well mine doesn't

- is knowing that going to make my PS3 run cooler?

- Socom says 1080p on the box, but does not play in 1080p, just 720p, I have to force it, doesn't look crappier when I do it

- Ya got them for one of my Controllers awhile ago

- then you have some kind of problem my dear sir.

- no but you shouldn't freak out when it feels hot.

- But does it look better? Just an example, if you run Soul Calibur 4 without forcing it to 1080p, it will run in 720p natively. But, if you force it to 1080p, the TV will recieve an upscaled 1080p image but the native resolution will be decreased to 1280x576.

yo_john117 said:
Marco said:
I love
-Blu Ray (AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE)
-Games(Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2, Uncharted 2, Naruto: UNS,...)
- Design
- Hardware/Multimediacenter
-PSStore

I dont like....

Nothing =)

Guys,buy a PS3 SLIM.

I know your not trolling at all or anything like that but I get a extreme feeling that you are paid by sony to advertise. Not trying to be offensive. Just calling it out as I see it.

Seriously. Whatever the topic, you can count on Marco to come in and go, "oh yes!!! this PS3 slim i need it!!! the rings of death is sad i think!!! =("

It's like Crazzyman never left.

Around the Network
sega4life said:

These are my opinions on my PS3/60gig

Things I like:

Video Chat Full Screen = Kick Ass on a 61inch HDTV, if you havn't tried it, do it, make sure they are hot chicks.

Internet Browser: Nothing better then being in lazy mode sitting on the couch and want to look up something it's a +

Installing Other an OS: Get the option and use it

Card Reader: Transferring items when I can not find my jump drive is excellent

Photo Gallery: Wedding photos look amazing

Remote Play: Another Kick Ass Feature, Check on my Home when i'm not homewith Camera, needs work tho

Hard Drive Swapping: No Limit, well there might be, but don't think I will use the max

Backwards Compatibility: PS1 and PS2

It's Quiet

PlayStation Store: They Give me a Real Price, not points

Built In Power Supply: No Big ass grey box, that cost $100 if it breaks..

Two People can own the same game for one price
: A nice little trick that lets you and a friend share games

I thought these two points were definitely the best in the post.  I'm sure your wife just doesn't appreciate how much you love gaming.  Lol

1) Free Online
2) Quick and Easy to use Playstation store
3) The XMB [simple and makes finding what I want, quick]
4) Remote Play
5) Swappable HDD [I have an 80GB and I'm struggling with space. Nice to know I can switch to a 320GB for 500GB if I want]
6) Rechargeable controller right out of the box [no bulky bottom, no wire, no AA batteries, just a little mini-5 USB port for charging with a USB cable]
7) Video Chat
8) 4 USB Ports

Dislikes:

1) Lack of cross game voice communication
2) Install after downloads

4 ≈ One

Fair points man!

Unfortunately neither the PS3 or the Xbox 360 is the perfect system. I think that in many ways we'll have to really wait for the next generation before anyone can get the best of both worlds really.

Personally in spite of the reliability issues with my PS3, and the fact that I whore out most of my gaming on other systems I still quite like the thing. To me the Xbox 360 is interchangeable with the PS3 and vice versa, if one broke down I would shrug my shoulders and play the other one. I wouldn't even feel like im missing out, they are about equal in my eyes.

Tease.

My only gripe about the PS3 is that my fan is quite loud. I don't know why.

I have no problems with my PS3. Even though I only use it once a week to play a bit of MGS. :D