By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - "Biggest news in G4 history" = network TV reruns?

Sounds like some of the people who were responsible for removing the music from Mtv are working for G4 now.

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK

Around the Network

G4 sucks now there is nothing about gaming....their best show is x-play but thats like their only gaming show on there

i used to like judgment day, and EP, arena, screen savers (back when it was about tech stuff) and Filter

TechTV > G4TV

^ Much

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK

NinjaguyDan said:
Sounds like some of the people who were responsible for removing the music from Mtv are working for G4 now.

Exactly. That is a major pet peeve of mine. Whoever made that decision at MTV should be smacked. In the 90's I really started to dislike the popular music of the day, so it's not that I missed the music; just the principle of the thing. They really started the whole "lifestyle" programming BS. Ever watch ESPN/SportsCenter? Now they're making their own sports movies. Sometimes their talk shows get way out of the sports realm too. And instead of giving decent coverage to the plethora of under-served sports out there(mainly MMA for me), they waste time on SportsCenter doing lame comedy bits. History Channel, what does Ice Road Truckers have to do with history? When was the last time I learned anything on The Learning Channel besides seeing home and wardrobe makeovers? A&E? It used to live up to it's name with the Biography show and cool stuff that you don't see on every other channel(like Sherlock Holmes). Now it shows edited Sopranos episodes and, if I'm not mistaken, lame reality shows. Speaking of which, isn't it time for VH1 to change it's name to RTV1(reality tv). And yes, I do know that there is a Biography channel, but amazingly enough even niche channels like it fall victim to MTV-like "lifestyle" programming. G4 is pathetic now. I saw the writing on the wall when they started showing that crappy Fox show with Tiffani Amber Thiessen and all the drift racing crap. Ok, I feel better now. :)

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

Around the Network

SWEET...now I have some more awesome gaming broadcasting to watch besides cops, the man show, cheaters, and star trek...

yes that was sarcasm...

talk about a sell out network. I mean honestly, why get rid of the good shows that once were like Call for help, Icons, Judgment day, The arena, and my favorite The Screen Savers. You know they had to stab many of those guys in the back, like Leo Laporte, Patrick Norton, and Martin Seagant...

Attack of the show is the really only decent show and that's only because it's one of three shows that deals with tech at all.

If I wanted to watch those other shows I'd watch Spike, TNT, TBS, A&E, etc..

Here's some Screen Savers nostalgia for yoy all:

oh sweet thescreensavers rocked and so did call for help btw if you really want to have call for help now everyone should remember chris pirillo? he has his own website doin the whole call for help from a streaming cam and java chat. but these vids are awesome

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

I used to watch the Screen Savers all the time. I wish they had a great show like that on G4. What a lame announcement also, I can watch Heroes on NBC if I want to.

Gamer Tag: Grumpy AL

ohhh...ok

guess I would have cared more if I still had my cable.