By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So much for holiday 07...

So the holiday season of 07 was hyped as being the biggest gaming season of all time.  We were going to see the likes of Smash, Galaxy, MGS, GTA, etc etc etc. 

Massive delays later...we're left with a few good games but comparable to a normal year, nowhere near as big as it was supposed to be.

I know for sure Smash, GTA, MGS was delayed to the first few months of 08, what other big profile games have been delayed so far?

Kinda disappointing IMO. 

Around the Network

Not for ps3 owners :D

mM
leo-j said:

UT3 delayed ... GT5 Prologue only for Japan ... Singstar delayed in EU.

I'd say the holiday has changed a lot in the past few months. Even earlier this year there was an MGS4 trailer that, at the end, showed 08, then crossed out and showed 07.

Mass Effect, Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted.

I feel like a kid in a crack store.

Ratchet

Haze

UNcharted

IN GAME XMB!!!

etc...

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
Ratchet

Haze

UNcharted

IN GAME XMB!!!

etc...

LOL :)

What to see that gets YOU excited leo :) 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

leo-j said:

Why would PS3 win? GTA4 was delayed even more than smash bros and that was the only big game coming out for PS3 other than Ratchet & Clank.

Uncharted looks to be an awesome game, but really, what new IPs have come out this year that have really been successful? BioShock is really the only one.

Dolla Dolla said:
leo-j said:

I'd say the holiday has changed a lot in the past few months. Even earlier this year there was an MGS4 trailer that, at the end, showed 08, then crossed out and showed 07.

UT 3 does still have a chance to come out this year. Singstar is already in the wild. People have already purchased it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Dolla Dolla said:
leo-j said:

UT 3 does still have a chance to come out this year. Singstar is already in the wild. People have already purchased it.

Link to EU sites you can purchase Singstar? UT3 has a chance, but I wouldn't cross my fingers. The extra time will allow them to include all the maps in the PC version.

All the delay in Brawl for Wii means that I will probably pick up Galaxy (or another AAA Wii title) now -- and get Brawl in February.

I am disappointed -- especially after getting goosebumps seeing Sonic in Brawl. But it is not like the game got cancelled.

Now if you saw a newspaper ad for a game, went to the store, and found out it was not to be released EVER, now that would be bad. (I had that experience with Omega Race for Intellivision -- which tells you how long I have been playing games).

The moral -- delays are bad, cancellations are worse. And mostly we are talking about delays here.

Mike from Morgantown.

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV