By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How many ppl r trading their 360 for a ps3 slim or buyin it ?

Zizzla_Rachet said:

Right....But you have to be playing the same game....That ever accur to you?

Cross game chat!!! the killer feature that's worth 50$ a year!!!

meh.

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

Around the Network

I know of people in the past switching to the PS3 but they all came back but I am sure a few more will be lured by the price and again I am sure some will find the grass is not so green.

I think the problem with a die hard 360 fan is they miss the friends they made and some of those features that make playing with them so easy.

I would be more inclined to wonder how many are going to buy a PS3 slim or otherwise now that the price is reduced. After all the PS3 must have games you wished you could play on your 360 and vice versa for the PS3 owners.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

I really don't see what any new ps3 buyer would be missing with games like Killzone 2, Resistance 2 ( up to 60 players in a game),GT 5, MAG- up to 256 players in a game, Heavy Rain, SOCOM, Playstation Home. I use to have a 360 and after 3 RRODs I gave up on it

Not me. Gotta have my WRPGs and PS3 has virtually none of those.

I know of one person who's actually giving up on Microsoft in favour of Sony and getting the Slim, the reason he's changing over is because he's already had 2 RROD and is now heading towards his 3rd RROD as his 360 started playing up again, he's had enough.

Unfortunately he can't even trade his 360 in since he'll only get like $16AU, he was told it was a 2006 model and they don't resell them here in Australia, they just use them for parts. I think he's gonna try sell it privatly and see if he can hook a sucker in by offering like the 2 games he has left on it.

I had another friend who also gave up on 360 and bought him self a PS3, that was a year ago, and it was for the same problem, except his 360 died like 4 times before giving up on it, again it was the 2006 model.

Around the Network

Bokal said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:

meh.

Cross game chat, universal party system, universal rating, reporting, avoiding, muting, etc. system, best matchmaking system available for online games, Netflix streaming, best and largest on demand library, better arcade game system and offering (indie games, too), patches, demos, DLC usually come to Xbox Live first and sometimes a long time in advance, more reliable gameplay for popular multiplat titles (CoD series for example has much smoother online play on 360), more gamers to play with on all games (no slow times), overall just a lot more features than PSN (whether you need/want/use them or not).  So for $2.50 a month, it's definitely justified.

nightsurge said:
Bokal said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:

meh.

Cross game chat, universal party system, universal rating, reporting, avoiding, muting, etc. system, best matchmaking system available for online games, Netflix streaming, best and largest on demand library, better arcade game system and offering (indie games, too), patches, demos, DLC usually come to Xbox Live first and sometimes a long time in advance, more reliable gameplay for popular multiplat titles (CoD series for example has much smoother online play on 360), more gamers to play with on all games (no slow times), overall just a lot more features than PSN (whether you need/want/use them or not).  So for $2.50 a month, it's definitely justified.

I never had a problem with matchmaking in Resistance 2. It takes a few seconds to find 60 people to get in a game. Neither have I had problems with most online I ve played on the ps3. I think people complain about the initial problem the ps3 had with matchmaking online and tend to forget software updates have been created to fix these problems.

I have all three consoles so no. Even if I didn't, trading in a console you already have with a ton of games for a new console is shear stupidity. Gamestop is gonna give you 10 cents on the dollar and you'll end up with a new console with 2 games instead of your present console with a dozen games.

@Fast Ford58

I usually don't complain about sigs but for God's sake man. Change it. CGI Quality's is bad enough, yours take the most hideous element of his sig and blows up it's size by 400%. My eyes are bleeding, I feel like the cast of Event Horizon.

nightsurge said:
Bokal said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:

meh.

u can stream netflix to the ps3 too, using a nice app =).

and the rest except the party system and  crossgame voice chat (we have  text one and voice it's confirmed.).

are on the psn NOW.