By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - why do people like pc gaming? help me understand

I think because most PC gamers build their own PC's from scatch and know what their want from they setups and most PC gamers just couldn't be apart from their machine.

Plus the PC platform is a all in one machine, it does everything.... as for games, as long as you have the basic knowage of PC's from what graphics card is best for you and what motherboard and ram gives that extra 3 FPS, your laughing.

Plus all the other things that PC gaming better (all depends on your setup).

Better graphics, tends to run games smoother (60fps using vsync), faster load times better resoutions etc   As for HD, I don't think HD applies to PC gaming really as PC games have had higher resoutions for over a decade now and can go way beyond what a console can do (tbh, I don't really understand console HD vs PC HD).

Once upon a time I would of said racing, platform and fighting games were best left on the consoles but since you can connect your PC to the HDTV that doesn't applie anymore.

PC gaming rules.....

Around the Network
indodude said:
Keyboard/mouse suck for FPS?

*Facedesk*

Moving on...

And what everyone else said sums up what I think, besides Shio saying that there are 300 million PC gamers, lol.

there are if you count minsweeper and flash games =)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

I mostly like PC gaming because its flippin fantastic!
And the number of available titles through various venues is unparalleled in gaming, the amount of incredible retro games alone is enough to position the PC head and shoulders above anything else.

toastboy44562 said:

If you want to get a PC for gaming it cost at least 1000 dollars to run call of duty 4 on its highest setting.

I doubt this is true. To just surpass the graphics on x360/ps3 at a higher resolution it would be far cheaper than that.

Then when your done with that the controls suck (aiming with mouse is really hard)

Simply false. Left 4 Dead  PC supports the x360 pad and I can guarantee you it would be a slaugther with one team playing with x360 pads and other with KB/M. I actually wish L4D PC/360 were cross compatible so I could demonstrate this to people.

My replies in bold. You are misrepresenting PC gaming (though inflated pricing and incorrect statements about the controls) and attacking PC gaming based on these misrepresentations. In other words, you're making a strawman argument.

I like PC gaming because of the immense library, much of which is available for very low prices and still compatible with current operating systems. I also really like Steam and free online multiplayer with dedicated servers. Also user made maps/mods.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

toastboy44562 said:

If you want to get a PC for gaming it cost at least 1000 dollars to run call of duty 4 on its highest setting. Then when your done with that the controls suck (aiming with mouse is really hard)

the only thing good i can see is free map packs and online but who cares if it cost you an extra 500 dollars to buy it than just getting on a console with better controls...help me understand

I stopped reading there.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Around the Network

RTS is one of my favorite genre, so PC gaming is a big part of gaming for me.

You know how people laugh when you hear " you are stupid if you buy a console for 1 game".......well, I built a $1200 gaming computer for the upcoming titles of StarCraft 2 and Diablo 3. So I am thrice insane me thinks. Oh well.

toastboy44562 said:

If you want to get a PC for gaming it cost at least 1000 dollars to run call of duty 4 on its highest setting. Then when your done with that the controls suck (aiming with mouse is really hard)

the only thing good i can see is free map packs and online but who cares if it cost you an extra 500 dollars to buy it than just getting on a console with better controls...help me understand

$1000? Where have you been, you can build a computer for $400 that can run almost all games at max settings. And remember, those max settings make the game look WAY better than PS3 or 360.

And aiming with the mouse is much easier than a controller, I dont know how anyone can think otherwise.

Accesories are another one, you can plug anything into your PC where as is more limited for consoles.

I will always regard PC gamers as the elite gamers, they get the best looking graphics even if it costs a little bit more. Not to mention you can do so much more on a PC than a console.

I suppose it all just comes down to personal preference, some games, like FPS I prefer to play on PC because I hate aiming with a controller, other games such as LBP I wouldnt want to play on PC.

There are TONS more games on PC, and it has been around longer. What is wrong with PC gaming? You should try it out, just get your money's worth on a PC.

Aiming with a mouse is harder because you have to actually aim, whereas with a gamepad the game will do most of the aiming for you, which to a PC gamer dumbs down the whole experience. This and this alone is the reason why the console is no match for a PC in FPS. However, that may change completely in the next gen when all consoles have motion control.

PC gaming is better than Consoles becasue.

1.Mouse Keyboard is easer to aim with when your good at it.

2.Mods

3.Graphics

4.Online community

5.Steam/Xfire

6.More games.

7.Higher resoultion/Native 1200p

8.HDD

Consoles are better than PC because.

1.Controller is better for fast FPS,such as CoD4/Halo 3 and R2.

2.DLC is easy to find,you dont have to join any website

3.No virus

4.Always run the game tho not the best looking.

5.ACHIEVEMENTS!!/Trophies

6. In game voice chat and Cross game voice chat.

7.Casual games (Guitar Hero) Sure there on PC but who plays them on it?

8. -/+ Screen size  50+