By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - why do people like pc gaming? help me understand

If you want to get a PC for gaming it cost at least 1000 dollars to run call of duty 4 on its highest setting. Then when your done with that the controls suck (aiming with mouse is really hard)

the only thing good i can see is free map packs and online but who cares if it cost you an extra 500 dollars to buy it than just getting on a console with better controls...help me understand

Around the Network

Actually, a keyboard and mouse is much easier for FPS games.
And people like pc gaming because of the online, mostly.

Did I just hear that a mouse and keyboard is worse then a console controller for FPS?

Former something....

Do you mean...
Why do people like playing FPS on PC?

Because if you are basing all PC gaming on a FPS game... you are not very bright.

Blacksaber said:
Did I just hear that a mouse and keyboard is worse then a console controller for FPS?

It is rather hilarious, isn't it?

Around the Network

Two words: LAN PARTY!!!!!!

Only thing that I prefer while playing FPS with a controler is I personally find it easier to move, but probably because I'm not that used to WSAD. But I've started to realise that just using W and mouse to change views is much easier so I guess it becomes 2nd nature after a while.

PC Gaming is also 100% king of RTS', even if there's a console RTS with Keyboard and mouse support, the online will blow the console version away!

Controls, performance and graphics.

toastboy44562 said:

If you want to get a PC for gaming it cost at least 1000 dollars to run call of duty 4 on its highest setting. Then when your done with that the controls suck (aiming with mouse is really hard)

the only thing good i can see is free map packs and online but who cares if it cost you an extra 500 dollars to buy it than just getting on a console with better controls...help me understand

You can get pretty good setup for $600.

1. You don't have to go with 30 fps restrictions. (Just details down and you will get better fps or if you prefer otherway around its possible too.)

2. Mods

3. Loading times are much smaller. (HDD vs Bluray or dvd , lol)

4. Its cheap, if you know what you are doing.

5. Resolution (HD is just a joke for PC gamer)

I think 5 is a good start. :)

toastboy44562 said:

haha you don't know anything about PC gaming!

A built $400 PC can easily run COD4 on it's highest setting. Hell, a built $3xx PC can even run COD4 better than PS360.

PC gaming is cheaper than HD Console gaming:

1. PC games are much cheaper on average
  2. PC games drop in price much faster
  3. PC has ALOT of deals every week
  4. DLC is mostly free
  5. Mods are even better than DLC, and free too
  6. There are tons of bundles that give you entire series for cheap

Why do you think there's over 300 million PC gamers?