By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MikeB's past predictions

Well done, I guess. You must be feeling better than the people who said HD-DVD will win and the PS3 couldn't possibly get a $100 price cut this year. Whoever said those things must feel a little foolish.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
@mikeb

you thought that would be cool? boring holiday?

Actually we would have wished it to last much longer. We went to Faliraki on the Greek Island Rhodos. A great little village to go out and get drunk at the many clubs and discos. Very nice beaches as well (and sea/wind for windsurfing), especially Anthony bay is very beautiful. We also went to Faliraki's waterpark, Europe's biggest with many awesome slides, went to Rhodos city (old town was awesome) went to Europe's biggest Foam Party and visited some beach parties:

Thanks for caring.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Still got a while to go before Mike can toot his horn, the Wii has yet to die down, in fact 360 and PS3 are the ones dying, PS3 is well below 100K a week, While Wii is well over 200K, Wii is just reduced, but still very strong, and we have yet to see if Slim will actually be able to save the PS3, more than likely it'll be a bump but not enough to change the nature of the game, Sorry mike

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Just when I get sick and tired of the TROLL THREAD along comes the GLOAT THREAD

BRAVO Mike B FORZA

People dislike/Attack MikeB cause he is a loves Sony! There just Xbots! 

lol naw but he does have stock in Sony and he never admits he was wrong and is ALWAYS right.

Around the Network
MikeB said:
kowenicki said:
@mikeb

Actually we would have wished it to last much longer. We went to Faliraki on the Greek Island Rhodos. A great little village to go out and get drunk at the many clubs and discos. Very nice beaches as well (and sea/wind for windsurfing), especially Anthony bay is very beautiful. We also went to Faliraki's waterpark, Europe's biggest with many awesome slides, went to Rhodos city (old town was awesome) went to Europe's biggest Foam Party and visited some beach parties:

Thanks for caring.

More beach party pics and less PS3 related self gloating please.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Well done on the predictions, even if rabid 360 fanboys try and ridicule you.

Keep them coming.

Let me show you why they call me the velour fog. Hit it.

I met her in a club down in old Soho,

Where you drink champagne and it tastes just like coca cola,

C-o-l-a, cola.

She, walked up to me and she asked me to dance,

I asked her her name and in a dark brown voice she said;

Leela, L-e-e-l-a, Leela, Lee, Lee, Lee, Leela

Leeeeeeeelaaaaaaaa

Good predictions. keep them coming

Don't mind the haters

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

dolemit3 said:
MikeB said:
kowenicki said:
@mikeb

Thanks for caring.

More beach party pics and less PS3 related self gloating please.

Mega Faliraki Foam Party (at times there was a wall of foam covering me completely!):

IMO no real gloating. My predictions are just for fun, but I just hope with posts like these people become more tolerant towards people stating different opinions than their own.

No need to insult Sony/PS enthusiasts/supporters and mind you, personally I even (slightly) prefer Philips over Sony and never even owned a PS2.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

So 2007 + 2008, about 20 million, I anticipate a slimline PS3 to launch somewhere in 2009. By the end of 2012 about 80 million sales. I do expect the PS3 to stay commercially available for much longer though, so by the end of 2016 about 140 million (triple the amount of 360s I anticipate for the long run).

Why didn't you quote your whole post?

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=1622174

So 2007 + 2008, about 20 million, I anticipate a slimline PS3 to launch somewhere in 2009. By the end of 2012 about 80 million sales. I do expect the PS3 to stay commercially available for much longer though, so by the end of 2016 about 140 million (triple the amount of 360s I anticipate for the long run).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957