By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Call of Duty 4 Demo Now Available!

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/call-of-duty-4/call-of-duty-4-demo/533701

Go! Go! Go! Go!

Required (minimum) Specs

CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 2.4 GHz or AMD(R) Athlon(TM) 64 2800+ processor or any 1.8Ghz Dual Core Processor or better supported
RAM: 512MB RAM (768MB for Windows Vista)
Hard Drive: 8GB of free space
Video card: NVIDIA(R) Geforce(TM) 6600 or better or ATI(R) Radeon(R) 9800 Pro or better

Recommended Specs

CPU: 2.4 GHz dual core or better
RAM: 1G for XP; 2G for Vista
Hard Drive: 8GB of free space
Video card: 3.0 Shader Support recommended. Nvidia Geforce 7800 or better or ATI Radeon X1800 or better

Around the Network

WTF YAHOO ID?!?!?!?! I HATE THIS!!!!

mM
leo-j said:
WTF YAHOO ID?!?!?!?! I HATE THIS!!!!

Why are you posting here? I thought you said PC was a waste of time and money.

Minimum specs aren't bad at all.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

I downloaded this and played it. It's pretty slick. I was running it at respectable levels, couldn't do it on all high or it chugged to like 15fps. I wish I had a better video card in my laptop, and I wish this demo had multiplayer!

I have been looking forward to this game for a while now, but I have to say I don't like the map they chose for the demo=P

The thing I am looking forward to is the sniper missions and multiplayer. This middle-eastern type scenario while entertaining gets kind of annoying after the 30th guy throws a grenade at you rather than one of the 2 or 3 guys he is closer to. At least their is a grenade indicator to tell you to get your but moving.

I think being thrust into an environment where you are surrounded and being shot at from pretty much all angles was a bit disorienting. Perhaps a bit of combat on the bridge before moving up to the house would have helped me get my bearings with the controls since I was having trouble with the crouch/stand stuff and taking cover etc..

Graphics wise everything looked great, although I am not a fan of the over-rimlight everything style that these types of game have, and I was able to run it at 1680x1050 with pretty much everything on except I had bodies set to large rather than insane which was a pretty big boost in performance. Honestly leaving bodies behind is not a huge thing for me, so I might drop it back medium setting just to make it 100% butter smooth all the time.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

What a day downloaded timeshift demo, call of duty 4 and UT3 good shooter day.

Cant say much about the game but I had hard to follow the mission sometimes I was too excited so I went rambo and tried to kill as many as I could. I died several times it was because you were literally sorrounded by enemies. That is my only problem with the demo too many enemies but the rest were good. The graphics were good liked the gameplay always liked the mini missions in CoD games. I must go back now to my film.

Yojimbo said:
What a day downloaded timeshift demo, call of duty 4 and UT3 good shooter day.

Timeshift and UT3 are out??? Where!

What is so impressive of call of duty 4? The graphics arent all good even on an HD monitor.

mM
leo-j said:
What is so impressive of call of duty 4? The graphics arent all good even on an HD monitor.

Other things exist beyond graphics. Or as you would say B3yond.

Ahem, tell me what I did wrong here.
I used my school's computer to download the demo because it's 1.4 GB. I didn't have a conventional way of stroring that file so I downloaded it to my 30 GB Ipod. However, when I connected to my PC, Windows Vista couldn't read the file so it couldn't tranfer it to my PC. Was I wrong in assuming that I could use the Ipod flash drive for something like that?