By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Namco: Wii can't handle Tekken 6, PSP can.

ZuZayLi said:
smash brothers has 8.5 millions ltd, why can't it sell on wii?
with promos, it could be a revolution for this license because it got old and i stopped after the 3rd edition.

Well, it could also be that a company doesn't really want to go through the trouble to make a hardcore fighter on a system where it is destined to be outsold by a cartoon fighter.

Around the Network

@trestres

ever think namco may be making a psp version instead of a wii version because people usually don't hold handheld games to the same standard as console games graphics wise?

Currently Watching - Naruto, One Piece

Waiting For - Skyrim, Mass Effect 3

PS3 Trophies

Tekken 6 was made for an arcade board that is essentially a PS3. Namco probably just doesn't think a home version of Tekken 6 with awkward control schemes and a less than arcade perfect experience would sell enough to justify porting costs, especially when they will have arcade perfect versions on the PS3/360 that will cost roughly the same.

Casper, I know you are an alt account to txrattlesnake and BTFeather55, and who knows how many others, so just get a life. I still don't know how you haven't been IP banned yet... Mods don't you realize it's him yet once again?

And to the rest, I'm not asking for a Wii version of this game, I'm asking for excuses like those to stop. They simply have to say "we have no interest in making it" beecause lying like that only causes anger in the fans, who aren't stupid BTW.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Yea, but we'll see how many money those wise, wise words will cost. PSP is a joke when it comes to software sales.

Around the Network
trestres said:
Casper, I know you are an alt account to txrattlesnake and BTFeather55, and who knows how many others, so just get a life. I still don't know how you haven't been IP banned yet... Mods don't you realize it's him yet once again?

And to the rest, I'm not asking for a Wii version of this game, I'm asking for excuses like those to stop. They simply have to say "we have no interest in making it" beecause lying like that only causes anger in the fans, who aren't stupid BTW.

KylieDog said:
routsounmanman said:
KylieDog said:
So buy a PS3 or 360.

This argument is old. How many times must the Wii get looked over or given some spin-off game before people stop complaining and just go buy a console that gets what they want?

Is like buying a PS3 then complaining it doesn't get any Metroid games.

You're missing the point.

Lack of Metroid games on HD systems : Nintendo IP

Lack of Tekken on Wii : Supposedly system incompetence (while PS1 and PS2 handled Tekken just fine and sold millions)

Does not matter who owns the IP or power of systems, Tekken isn't on the Wii, nor is Street Fighter IV, nor is Resident Evil 5 and nor are a bunch of other games.   If you want to play those games why buy a Wii?  Because you wanted to play Nintendo games more?  Well that was the choice.

I bought both my Wii and PS3 knowing Halo and a bunch of other games would never release on them.  Do I wish Mass Effect would release on PS3?  Sure, but I knew it probably wouldn't and made a decision over what consoles I wanted to own, I wanted to play Metal Gear Solid 4 and Metroid Prime 3 more than Mass Effect so bought a PS3 and Wii.

Sucks I won't get to play Mass Effect, Gears of War or Halo 3 but I made my choice and I am happy living with it.    The only people who should complain are those who bought a Wii and now think they made the wrong choice, but that is their own error and if they want to fix it they can sell their Wii and buy a PS3 or 360 instead.

I totally agree with this, I myself bought a PS3 + Wii knowing what I'd get. Moreover, I don't care about Tekken anymore. The point is, if Namco doesn't want to put Tekken on the Wii, for whatever reasons, the should say so honestly, not use the "Wii cannot handle it", "Wii sells only 3rd party software", "hardcore games fail on Wii" arguments.

We're being treated like second-rate customers all the time, that's what bugs me. Activision puts a two year old port and expects us to buy it, so that we may get the sequel, Capcom gives us a sequel to UC while RE4 sold more and is being constantly requested by fans. Each company has the right to support any system the feel like supporting, but just cut this crap. Have some balls and say that you don't like the system, or that you think it won't sell well enough.

@LordTheNightKnight

If the recession is so tough why not buy a $200 360 instead of a $250 Wii? $360 has tons of quality budget priced games too.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Casper, thanks for reminding us that your alt account called MidNightRider has been permabanned today too. Looks like you are up for an IP ban.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

@trestres

weaker hardware actually seems like a pretty solid excuse to me. if the wii runs on weaker hardware than the ps3/360 they might have to make the wii version form the ground up,
which would take more time. the arcade version of tekken 6 was released in 2007 and the ps3 version has already been delayed for the 360. If they wanna make a wii version they would probably have to delay it even further causing people to lose interest in the game costing namco some of its profit.

Currently Watching - Naruto, One Piece

Waiting For - Skyrim, Mass Effect 3

PS3 Trophies