By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - the ps3 will sell 100 milllion?

80 percent of ps2 sales came after the slim model so that means 80% of 100million=80 million

that leaves ps3 with 20 million and thats about what it has now...so that means ps3 will sell at least 80 million more!

and the ps3 sold over 20 million!

the 360 however will sell one more according to micrsoft ;)

Around the Network
Soriku said:
80% of 100 million is 80 million...

lol.

i meant 100 million minus 80 percent because it will get 80 percent of its sales after slim

I can't see that happening.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

very presumptuous. The Ps3 certainly ain't the PS2.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

If this 10 year lifecycle thing goes to plan, that's over 70 million over the next 7 years. Eh, maybe.

Around the Network

If it reaches 50 million and sells 500 million BD games it will be much, 100 million is way too much now.

PS2 slim released in September 2004 if i'm not mistaken.

Sales of PS2 at that time.

52 million.

current sales.

132 million

total sales of ps2 slim.

80 million

percentage: 60%.

So PS3's current total, 23 million, would give a lifetime total of 57.5 million.

PS3 sales compared to PS2 sales at same point in life.

Ps2: 37 million

PS3: 23 million

% of sales = 62%

if it maintains this for a 10 year life like ps2.

PS3 end total: 81.84 million.

It's possible, I would peg it at 70-80 million.

The ps2 had no competition- the ps3 has a twin and the wii to compete with. Sales will be boosted sure, but the 100m mark is just aiming too high under these circumstances.

toastboy44562 said:

80 percent of ps2 sales came after the slim model so that means 80% of 100million=80 million

that leaves ps3 with 20 million and thats about what it has now...so that means ps3 will sell at least 80 million more!

and the ps3 sold over 20 million!

the 360 however will sell one more according to micrsoft ;)

Dude, as so many have already stated, the PS3 is no PS2.

What, son, what? New York, New York!!!