By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Say it ain't so.

With all the discussion of the new model and new price. There has been a sentiment expressed by a large number of console loyalists that the PS3 will now beat the 360 in weekly sales. Some say through the rest of this year, and even for the rest of the generation. Which raises the question I must ask the faithful. What happens if it doesn't happen. What if the PS3 still loses out to the 360 all the time, sometimes, or occasionally. What do you think your emotional response would be, or how you would react to that outcome. Honestly it shouldn't effect anyone one way or the other, but we all know it would have an emotional effect. We all know there will be a new strategy or behavior.

I want this to be a civil discussion. So no veiled attacks, and no making jest. I just want an honest appraisal as to what effect this would have on this particular community. I don't want to read blanket denials. So in other words no saying, but this won't happen. That is not the point this is the question of what would happen if this happens. You cannot shoot a plane out of the sky while it is on the runway. All these kind of comments are is trolling, and frankly you have no excuse. You cannot be mislead by the title of the thread, and there are only two paragraphs to read. So if your just going to reply no can't happen your either trolling and need to be banned, or your fundamentally retarded in desperate need of having posting rights revoked.

Do right by the thread give a clinical analysis, and thank you for your time.

Around the Network

I will be bummed out :(

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

I would be seriously disappointed. Sony absolutely deserved a kick in the ass, but they've done a lot to get competitive. Now is Microsoft's turn, I think.

Id be Slightly annoyed, yet not at the same time, I still think it's done really well

@Kowenicki

I think we both know you are WRONG, Flat out WRONG.

We all know its about Graphics. XD

Around the Network

I can say dodece that you would be dance around everytime Xbox 360 outsold PS3 weekly after 1st sep

personally, indifference, I own all consoles (Except for the PSP), but I like to see the brand I grew up on do well (Playstation)

All 3 consoles have the point of turnaround, they will all get good support from 3rd parties now, so I have no problem (we don't have a Gamecube 3rd party disaster on our hands)

Wow you'd think a thread like this would attract PS3 fans and not haters.

TBH, while I'd be surprised, it wouldn't be out of the ordinary at all. I mean, MS couldn't wait two days after Sony's announcement to cut their price.

What is our reaction now? Just look at this week's numbers. i think we are used to the 360 kicking the PS3 ass by now.
And we have seen the PS3 beating the 360 week after week before, i believe it's the reason the Arcade is 199.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

For some reason the price cut for the 360 last year was hailed and praised by the 360 fans, but now Sony have the same price point that sent the 360 into warp speed and now that same logic can't be applied to Sony's move., Why? If Microsoft don't cut $100 off all 360 models then they don't stand a chance.

I would be shocked. I would have thought that there is nothing more certain to occur than the PS3 outselling a $199/$299 360 offering on a consistent basis. I mean it would have been unbelievable and inconceivable that the PS3 would continue to be outsold by the 360. It would shake my belief system to the core. I would call into question all previous sales data that clearly demonstrated the PS3 was the preferred system for HD console buyers when the price difference was $100.

That would be my emotional response.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.