By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - FF 13: 360..not so good.

MidnightRider85 said:

There are also reasons Itagaki left Team Ninja and judging from his reactions to the 360 having dvd instead of the hd-dvd he was promised early on a feature of the finished 360 which was in direct conflict with the longer cinematic games he was planning to make could very well have been one of those.

Are you insinuating that Itagaki left Team Ninja because of DVDs?

Maybe you should remind him, since he's working on another game for that dumb old Shitbox 360 even as we speak.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
Spankey said:

@Badgenome

Marco is not Carmina

poor Carmina

Poor Carmina? Poor zexen is more like it. I just hope he doesn't fall for Marco and get his heart broken again.

haha!

yea verily, the sound of epic lolz shall then reverberate 'round the forum.

again.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

MidnightRider85 said:
MonstaMack said:
Why would MS pay royalties to Sony by using Blu-Ray? They are much better next gen to bring back HD DVD in larger capacity or their own format that can still deliver HD content.

Also thanks for linking a article over 4 years old, but Mr Ninja still put DOA4 exclusive to the 360 so the point was mute.

No, it wasn't mute because most FFs have 45 to 60 minutes of cinema.  To have that cinema in the same quality that Itagaki would have wanted for DOA 4, then that means you need 45 to 60 gigs of space.  So, if FF is only taking up 27 gigs of space that means the cinemas either would have had to have been compressed to something that Itagaki would have found unacceptable in 2005 or the typical cinema length of an FF game has been trimmed to half of what it was in the PS2 and PS1 games.

There are also  reasons Itagaki left Team Ninja and judging from his reactions to the 360 having dvd instead of the hd-dvd he was promised early on, a feature of the finished 360 which was in direct conflict with the longer cinematic games he was planning to make, that could very well have been one of those reasons.

Also, you don't see many other studios making longer story driven games for 360.  None of Sega's Yakuza games have appeared on 360.

360 DVDs are 6.8GB I believe so that would make FFXIII a 20.4GB game.

See? This is why in the other thread I said the game install on 360 would be no larger than 15-20GB. Now it will be under 10GB for a full install if the new installs are as small as they make them seem.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Still don't get it, how is it not so good

badgenome said:
MidnightRider85 said:

There are also reasons Itagaki left Team Ninja and judging from his reactions to the 360 having dvd instead of the hd-dvd he was promised early on a feature of the finished 360 which was in direct conflict with the longer cinematic games he was planning to make could very well have been one of those.

Maybe you should remind him, since he's working on another game for that dumb old Shitbox 360 even as we speak.

Give a link that says Itagaki is working on a 360 exclusive.  I've looked at Google and all I've seen are some pro 360 sites saying his next game will be on 360 but then I've seen more neutral sites say that the console hasn't been confirmed yet.  I have seen an interview with him praising working with Microsoft as a comfortable place for him to work, but I've seen another article where he says it is easier to program for PS3 than the original Famicon, so how would he know that if he didn't have some experience programming on a PS3?

Around the Network
MidnightRider85 said:
badgenome said:
MidnightRider85 said:

Give a link that says Itagaki is working on a 360 exclusive. I've looked at Google and all I've seen are some pro 360 sites saying his next game will be on 360 but then I've seen more neutral sites say that the console hasn't been confirmed yet. I have seen an interview with him praising working with Microsoft as a comfortable place for him to work, but I've seen another article where he says it is easier to program for PS3 than the original Famicon, so how would he know that if he didn't have some experience programming on a PS3?

If you've read the 1UP interview, then you've seen that it's on the 360. Whether or not it turns out to be an exclusive doesn't matter, since he still has to dumb down his vision for those stupid fucking DVD-9s. (disc swapping ninja blade lmaoooooooo)

Sweet, can't wait for it. I'll probably end up being sent the 360 copy, which is actually pretty nice seeing as it'll feel like a larger value with 3 disks. Like Lost Odyssey and FFVII did. I'll still end up getting Versus on PS3 though(obviously) if I end up getting it.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

I think people forgot that after the demo release, Kitase said that 360 will use the game engine to generate some of the cutscenes in which the PS3 uses FMVs. That could reduce the disc spaces a lot. If there's 1 hour fmvs and the 360 uses game engine to cut the fmvs to 30 minutes then it's a pretty big reduction.

"In the end, you're always on your own."

~ Squalll Leonheart

dli2k3 said:
I think people forgot that after the demo release, Kitase said that 360 will use the game engine to generate some of the cutscenes in which the PS3 uses FMVs. That could reduce the disc spaces a lot. If there's 1 hour fmvs and the 360 uses game engine to cut the fmvs to 30 minutes then it's a pretty big reduction.

I did forget that.

But in all fairness, how can anyone expect an engine generated cut-scene to compare to a pre-rendered FMV in quality?

I don't know how that will work but I'll be interested to see the results nonetheless...

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

badgenome said:
MidnightRider85 said:
badgenome said:
MidnightRider85 said:

Give a link that says Itagaki is working on a 360 exclusive. I've looked at Google and all I've seen are some pro 360 sites saying his next game will be on 360 but then I've seen more neutral sites say that the console hasn't been confirmed yet. I have seen an interview with him praising working with Microsoft as a comfortable place for him to work, but I've seen another article where he says it is easier to program for PS3 than the original Famicon, so how would he know that if he didn't have some experience programming on a PS3?

If you've read the 1UP interview, then you've seen that it's on the 360. Whether or not it turns out to be an exclusive doesn't matter, since he still has to dumb down his vision for those stupid fucking DVD-9s. (disc swapping ninja blade lmaoooooooo)

I looked at the 1up interview, but actually all he's really doing is praising Microsoft as a nice place to work much in the way that you would normally praise a former employer, but he really gives no hint to where his game will be.  And some of the Western sites that always want to hype the 360 say the game is confirmed for 360, but then they give little evidence if any that it is actually confirmed for 360.  A site like Joystiq which is more of a Nintendo fansite than anything though says the console the game will appear on has not been confirmed.

EDIT:

"He wouldn't comment on whether it would be an Xbox 360 exclusive, or heading to other consoles such as the PS3, but his past affiliations with Microsoft might suggest a likely path for his future games."

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/27/tomonobu-itagaki-returns-with-new-team-new-game-same-badass-at/

They are basing the notion that his next game will be on 360 because that is where his past games have been.  However,

this

"

"The screen resolution for Xbox 360 games will be in high definition, so the prerendered movies are going to be pretty large," commented Itagaki.

"If we encoded the Dead or Alive 4 trailer from E3 in high definition in a quality acceptable to us, it will easily be about 2GB." (Xbox 360 DVDs will hold 9GB of data.)

"With DOA4, we'll be using the disc's capacity to its full extent. We started development on DOA4 pretty early, and we didn't know what disc format the Xbox 360 was going to adopt. So when we learned about it, we were really knocked out."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/news040705itagaki

and this

"One more thing I would add is that I don't think that developing for the PS3 is hard at all. It was much harder developing for the Famicom. It's true. I mean, give someone who's developing for the PS3 a Famicom and see if they can make a game for it. They won't be able to. Yeah, that'll prove it. We'll bet a drink on it."

http://kotaku.com/5042781/itagaki-bets-you-a-beer-the-ps3-is-easier-to-program-for-than-the-famicom

Make the question more interesting.

beg to differ.