By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who's NOT Buying a PS3 this year?

I'm not going to buy one because I already have a BC 60GB and love it. But I have let my friends who are on the fence about a PS3 know about the price cut and new model and it seems that the 299 price point really has pushed them off the fence. This was a great move on sony's part.

Check out the VGC Crunch this Podcast and Blog at www.tsnetcast.com

Around the Network
senseinobaka said:
I'm not going to buy one because I already have a BC 60GB and love it. But I have let my friends who are on the fence about a PS3 know about the price cut and new model and it seems that the 299 price point really has pushed them off the fence. This was a great move on sony's part.

Please read the OP >.< I even bolded it.

Nah, $300 is still something that's better invested other places. For as lightly as I game now, another system isn't justifiable. I've got a PC and a Wii, and I'm already backlogged in game purchases as is.

not buying as there is nothing on it that i want yet :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Akvod said:
senseinobaka said:

LoL, yea I saw that. That's why I added the 1st sentence. I can be fecatious sometimes.

But, the real point was the fact that I have a couple friends who intend to buy this year and I think sony made a good decison to do a $100 price drop.  

Please read my whole post next time :)

Check out the VGC Crunch this Podcast and Blog at www.tsnetcast.com

Around the Network
senseinobaka said:
Akvod said:
senseinobaka said:

LoL, yea I saw that. That's why I added the 1st sentence. I can be fecatious sometimes.

But, the real point was the fact that I have a couple friends who intend to buy this year and I think sony made a good decison to do a $100 price drop.  

Please read my whole post next time :)

Do you mean fecetious (never used that word IRL O.o)? I didn't really see the joke... but whatever

If your main point is that your friends are going to buy a PS3, then it would have been more appropriate to post in the other thread...

Whatever, fuck it, I'm going to stop caring about maintaining my threads now, time to play as Spain on total War and kick some Muslim ass.

jefforange89 said:
Most of the games I'd want for PS3 (or 360) are available for and better for PC. The few console exclusives that I wouldn't have access to I can just live without, really, since they are rather few (I can only think of two off the top of my head, and then only one upcoming game on top of that), and moreover, I don't have all the time in the world for games like I used to in the past. >_>

And yeah, I of course have a Wii for games as well. There are quite a few games on the horizon that I'll be wanting to pick up as well, if I can find the time.

It's not so much a money thing, as I could easily afford a PS3 (or a dozen, lol). But it wouldn't be worth the investment, since I wouldn't get much out of it that I can't get already, and I wouldn't have the time to justify it either.

Ha ha you make me laugh, i got the feeling that you're living in a cave somewhere far away...

So you want to say that games like this don't have your interest?? -----> GT, God of War, Wipout HD, Ratchet & Clank, RFOM, Heavy Rain, Uncharted, Metal Gear, Motorstorm and there are MANY more exclusives...

Im really getting tyred by people who claims that de 360 has better or more exclusives because that's just fanboy talk and you're not real as a person if think or defend that.

There are good games on the PS3 and the 360 but the PS3 got more exclusives..

Hell if I didn't hate microsoft and i could game wit that terrible controller on the 360 I would have one myself..

Lost_Soul said:
jefforange89 said:
Most of the games I'd want for PS3 (or 360) are available for and better for PC. The few console exclusives that I wouldn't have access to I can just live without, really, since they are rather few (I can only think of two off the top of my head, and then only one upcoming game on top of that), and moreover, I don't have all the time in the world for games like I used to in the past. >_>

And yeah, I of course have a Wii for games as well. There are quite a few games on the horizon that I'll be wanting to pick up as well, if I can find the time.

It's not so much a money thing, as I could easily afford a PS3 (or a dozen, lol). But it wouldn't be worth the investment, since I wouldn't get much out of it that I can't get already, and I wouldn't have the time to justify it either.

Ha ha you make me laugh, i got the feeling that you're living in a cave somewhere far away...

So you want to say that games like this don't have your interest?? -----> GT, God of War, Wipout HD, Ratchet & Clank, RFOM, Heavy Rain, Uncharted, Metal Gear, Motorstorm and there are MANY more exclusives...

Im really getting tyred by people who claims that de 360 has better or more exclusives because that's just fanboy talk and you're not real as a person if think or defend that.

There are good games on the PS3 and the 360 but the PS3 got more exclusives..

Hell if I didn't hate microsoft and i could game wit that terrible controller on the 360 I would have one myself..

finally, I knew I wasnt the only one...

This year im being a lil tight on money, I'm waiting on Heavy Rain. so 2010 is when I'll pick one up. but the ps3 slim model is an attractive buy, If I come up with some extra money I'll buy one this year.

Because my hand was forced.

I'm buying a PS3 this year. ;)