By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony finally able to make profit with hardware sales?

Well,ps3 Slim should be cheaper to make than the fat one, and should know that many people would buy a new console once slim was released and for that people it would mean another loss and no rise in software sales in exchange.

Around the Network

I doubt they are there just yet.

Sony will never make a profit on the ps3. The have already lost upwards of 5 billion dollars on the ps3 alone.....in 3 short years.

Furthermore, the sony games divsion as a whole has not been profitable for 3 years even with the ps2 and psp being profitable.

This price cut was a desperate attempt to gain market share, however, the financial losses will be staggering and they are risking their future on this suicidal price cut.

Who knows, we don't know how much they save with the slim

^they lost about 3-4 MAX
you are pushing it
now do this differential equation for me.i am tired.

use bernoulli.

Around the Network

doubt it, they might save money on the hjardware, but theri also losing an extra 100$ a pop

Its $260 based on latest reports

mM
TruthforFree said:
Sony will never make a profit on the ps3. The have already lost upwards of 5 billion dollars on the ps3 alone.....in 3 short years.

Furthermore, the sony games divsion as a whole has not been profitable for 3 years even with the ps2 and psp being profitable.

This price cut was a desperate attempt to gain market share, however, the financial losses will be staggering and they are risking their future on this suicidal price cut.

you have no clue what you are talking about

Well if the 70% figure is correct then it is possible that they will be close to breaking even with the PS3 Slim and all games purchased afterwards would be profit

people are really that "senseless"

cheaper to build but also sell at cheaper price

= no effect on direct money on hardware !!!!

Time to Work !