By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Are you use the left or right side of your brain?

the women in the picture is nonchalantly spinning to her right. i see her spinning clockwise...
...i'm a lefty

Around the Network

Left handed saw it clockwise at first only couldn't for the life of me see how anyone saw anything but clockwise. Tried Iclim's idea in the blacked out section of his post and finally got it going counterclockwise thats just weird. Guess found another trick to do it for me I take a quick glance to the left then look back sometimes I see it clockwise others I see it counter.

Now Playing : Links Crossbow Training(Wii), Super Mario Galaxy(Wii) FE: Path of Radiance(GC)

The image is a farce. It switches. If anyone watches it for awhile, I was checking out her, umm, raisins, and the image switches directions.

Townzy said:
twesterm said:
I see it going clockwise which makes sense since I'm left handed. The article says if you focus you can see it spinning the opposite direction but I can't (and I can even see magic eyes with ease).

no it dosent, they say if you see it moving clockwise you are more right brain orientated therefore you prob should be right handed.

im left handed and see it as moving anti clockwise, plus those atrributes they list as left brain dominant apply alot to me.

If you're left handed they say you use the right side of your brain and vice versa, not the opposite.

Not a farce, an optical illusion. I can make it switch directions at will, by concentrating on the feet and re-aligning my perceptions. Took a minute or so to perfect that. I think the left/right-side of the brain is absolute bullshit, though. Intensely right-handed.

Around the Network

I can also make it look like she's rotating back and forth away from me on a 180 degree pivot rather than doing a full rotation.

I saw it as clockwise first.

superchunk said:
The image is a farce. It switches. If anyone watches it for awhile, I was checking out her, umm, raisins, and the image switches directions.

I thought the same thing, but now it seems like If I concentrate I can make the switch at will. Only saw Clockwise when I first looked at it, then I started looking at just the legs and it looked like it was constantly switching between clockwise/counterwise in mid-spin. Now if I go from watching the legs to the entire body while I see it going counter clockwise it looks like the whole body is going counter clockwise.

I'm still seeing more instances of it spinning clockwise than counter-clockwise. I'm right handed for the recored. 

Stupid thing keeps switching...

Just busted out Image Ready and... it doesn't help at all.  Even viewing it step by step it still seems to change.  Good optical illusion.

If I scroll down to where I can just see her foot I can make it switch but I still can't get the whole picture to switch. ;_;