By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii/Ps3/360 - National Survey Shows Which Is Most Wanted For The Holidays.

Desroko said:
Kasz216 said:
Wow they got a whole 1,200 respondants. That seems a bit short. I mean that's around what we usd to go for in college. I'd be intrested in how they conducted their sampling. Wonder if they have a proper report on their website.

A random sample of 1200 is great, actually.

Sort of ...

If you have a truely random sample and the underlying statistic you're looking for follows a normal distribution than a sample of 1200 is excellent; an election would be a good example of this. Buying an HDTV or PS3 is not exactly something that I would expect has all that normal of a distribution; it probably isn't that likely that a family that earns less than $30,000 per year will be looking at either item whereas a family that makes more than $200,000 may consider both.

Around the Network
erikers said:
Those numbers don't really mean anything. It's the same way Halo 3 and Blue Dragon other games are in the top 20 most wanted in Famitsu and when they come out their sales numbers don't match their "hype". Clearly the 360 will outsell the PS3 this holiday season, so who really cares that some random survey says that. Use the survey inside your brain that tells you what will actually happen.

Wanna bet?

I'll take the case!!!

RolStoppable said:
ItsaMii said:
No pirate hat on that list? It sucks.

You may not agree with this list, but you know what? That's why it is a great list.

You just hurt my feelings. I am gonna cry and it pie inside a dark room.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Harvey Birdman said:
erikers said:
Those numbers don't really mean anything. It's the same way Halo 3 and Blue Dragon other games are in the top 20 most wanted in Famitsu and when they come out their sales numbers don't match their "hype". Clearly the 360 will outsell the PS3 this holiday season, so who really cares that some random survey says that. Use the survey inside your brain that tells you what will actually happen.

Wanna bet?

Are you dillusional or just insane? It's a national survey for america, you actually think there's a snowballs chance in hell the PS3 will outsell the 360 in november and december combined here? Sure I'll bet you and you'll lose. There hasn't been one month the PS3 outsold it in america since it launched and you think it'll magically outsell it at christmas time?

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

I will find it hilarious if the PS3 does come out on top and all the Wii fans here are blown away. And no this is not me being fanboyish. I just enjoy irony a whole lot =D

and maybe b/c I think you guys are getting too smug haha =P

Around the Network
NightStalker said:

and maybe b/c I think you guys are getting too smug haha =P

My thoughts exactly.

I agree with those percents.

I mean, the Wii numbers are low because the rest already have one. 

Words Of Wisdom said:
I agree with those percents.

I mean, the Wii numbers are low because the rest already have one.

there's the smugness right there haha

Mars said:
HDTV are already mainstream.

No. No their not.

Games i'm currently playing:

It would be interesting to see the same survey done in other countries.