By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 Failure Rate is 54.2 Percent

Xoj said:
ironman said:

Sued or not, the three year warrenty is umprecidented, and it is MS that is providing it.  

umprecidented would the console launched with the 3 year warranty.

like sony and panasonic LCD and plasma. they all have 3 year warranty but because the trust their high quality product.

The standard warranty is not 3 years unless governed by law. In the US you get a one year warranty at no cost. Show me a link to prove me wrong otherwise so next time I'll buy a Sony or Panasonic instead of a Vizio.

It's just that simple.

Around the Network

If warranties are you thing then you could always pay for more. Picture quality should be what steers you towards a Sony or Panny over a Vizio next time. Oh and I agree, it's not 3 years it's only 1.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Price and warranty of a Vizio was sitll cheaper then a Sony and I've known people with Vizio's running 7 days a week and still going 5+ years strong. I love my Vizio, basically just making a empty promise because I know 3 year warranties are not standard here.

It's just that simple.

Boutros said:

The Xbox 360 breaks five times as often as often as its closest failure-prone competitor, the PlayStation 3, a print edition-only Game Informer survey found.

The poorly manufactured, red ring of death-prone console has a 54.2 percent failure rate, compared to 10.6 percent for the PS3 and the Wii's 6.8 percent.

this is very bad for microsoft / 360.

I hate this =( but it's true... i had for ring of deaths and my friend one. This is awesome, i think.

The ps3 is very good. no problems.

the best RPG's are coming 2013 !!!! oh my god, this is perfect for RPG-GAMER = ) Ni No Kuni - 25 january, Time and Eternity, tales of xillia (PS3) and the maybe best game ever: metal gear solid ground zero

MonstaMack said:
Xoj said:
ironman said:

Sued or not, the three year warrenty is umprecidented, and it is MS that is providing it.  

umprecidented would the console launched with the 3 year warranty.

like sony and panasonic LCD and plasma. they all have 3 year warranty but because the trust their high quality product.

The standard warranty is not 3 years unless governed by law. In the US you get a one year warranty at no cost. Show me a link to prove me wrong otherwise so next time I'll buy a Sony or Panasonic instead of a Vizio.

it's 3 year for all sony and panasonic LCD here.

samsung and LG are only 2.

check here.. www.panafoto.com

Around the Network

Smart move Microsoft, without it, your sales would be much less what is it now?

so you are fighting over.....internet poll?

if i will make a poll:

"how did your ps3 broke down?
a)YLOD
b)broken BD
c)firmware instalation failure/bug"

will you take for granted that ps3 have 100% failure rate?

waron said:

if i will make a poll:

a)YLOD
b)broken BD

No. But X% of all the broken PS3 will be because of the YLOD and Y% will break because of firmware failures and etc.

Your point is senseless.

Boutros said:
waron said:

if i will make a poll:

a)YLOD
b)broken BD

No. But X% of all the broken PS3 will be because of the YLOD and Y% will break because of firmware failures and etc.

Your point is senseless.

Well, actually his point is valid, the wording of the pole makes a huge difference, as well as the demographics. Something you obviously missed. I think in this pole, the demographics were a little off since the wording was obviously very clear, "did your Xbox get an RROD" or something to that nature.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

fxa5209 said:
Smart move Microsoft, without it, your sales would be much less what is it now?

Yer right ok of course..