By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is 2010 too good to be true?...What do you say?

No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle, can't f'n wait!

Around the Network

looks like we got another 2007 on our hands!

NeoRatt said:
I am sure there will be delays and games will be moved...

Last Guardian, Crackdown 2, MGS Rising, God of War III are all excellent candidates to move to 2011...

This game was never given a 2010 launch window

I don't see why this would be delayed

4 ≈ One

JGarret said:

As of now, next year seems shaped up to be a very very special year for gamers

Bayonetta

Splinter Cell:Conviction

God of War 3

Mass Effect 2

Mario Galaxy 2

Heavy Rain

Alan Wake

Last Guardian

FFXIII (West)

Metroid Other M

New Castlevania (hope still remains for it to be good :/)

Bioshock 2

Zelda Wii????....PLEASE!!!

Lots of others...

Sony 
White Knight Chronicles
MAG
Quantum Theory
DC Universe Online
The Agency
Last Rebellion
MLB The Show: 2010
MGS: Peace Walker

Resistance 3 

Microsoft
Blue Dragon 2
Halo Reach
Gears of War 3 

Nintendo
Arc Rise Fantasia
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers 

Multi-Platform

Army of Two: 40th Day

Man, when was the last time you saw (again, if everything works out well) God of War, Mario, Metroid, new Team Ico game, Mass Effect, Final Fantasy, and possibly a new Zelda...ALL IN THE SAME YEAR?....IS IT TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE?

Yeah Way to good to be true but if it is then god damn

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

More releases could join the ones you've got on your list, but 2010 does look amazing right now.

For me, Golden Sun, Metroid, Galaxy 2, Mass Effect 2, No More Heroes 2, Sin and Punishment 2 (lol sequels), Halo: Reach and Splinter Cell are more than enough reason to be excited. They're all definite purchases. Plus I'll be importing Heart Gold from the States. I also wouldn't be surprised if Gears 3 is announced and makes it out for the end of the year.

If I can afford a PS3 sometime in the next 6 months, then add Last Guardian and Heavy Rain to that list as definite buys. (Of course, plenty of already released PS3 titles would be on my "to buy" list). Plus Alan Wake, BioShock 2 and FFXIII are in the maybe pile for me. I'll also be keeping an eye on Monado.

And of course, Zelda Wii at the end of the year would be utterly amazing. It really would top off a magnificient year.

Hopefully I'll be able to get a job at some point >_>

Around the Network

plus there will be probably
criterion NFS game
Dead Space 2
Mirror's Edge 2
Beyond Good & Evil 2
for Q42010
it's kinda scary that so many good games will be released next year - there will be either many great games that will bomb hard or many games that will end up as major disappointment.
personally i think: Splatterhouse, Dark Void, Aliens: Colonial Marines, Mars, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing, Aliens vs. Predator will all suck ass.

@ Waron

As far as Beyond Good and Evil 2 goes, unfortunately they aren't even sure if a sequel will go ahead yet. Despite that trailer a little while back, they haven't confirmed if it will be released or not.

"Well, I didn't say there's definitely going to be another game. I said something had leaked, which means we've been working on some Beyond Good and Evil stuff, but whether there's going to be another game or not, that's something for the future. But getting to your question as to why there's work on the IP again, it's a creative people business; the creative talent is interested in it and possibly exploring how to do it from a new angle."

From this: http://www.industrygamers.com/news/interview-ubisofts-detoc-on-turning-gamers-into-players/2/

That's from last month. I'd love it if BG&E2 was released, but there's no certainty yet as to whether or not it ever will make it out.

Don't forget Heavy Rain and Alan wake, and Pokemon G/S remake.

STARCRAFT 2 AND DIABLO 3

Yes it is too good to be true, remove Zelda and it'll be all good :P