By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Orange Box - Impressions?

I can't believe how much awesome is packed into The Orange Box. Even without HL2 and Episode 1, it is still packed with the best multiplayer FPS in this decade, one of the best single player experiences I've had in years, and the most innovative puzzle game I've ever seen. I can say with complete certainty that this is the best $45 I've ever spent.

Around the Network

Im getting orange box and I dont have either Half life 2 or episode 1. Basically I'm getting a amount of a value that surpasses divine.

I probably should resist till the end of the holidays though I guess ='(

I've been considering buying The Orange Box for the 360 but I'm not sure if I should shell out $60 for only one game that I want in a 5 game package.

But here is my question, If I like Portal, will I like Half-Life and TF2?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

YES

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Euhm.

So I'll be getting this game.

Looks like my Christmas will be exploding of awesomeness.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

Just a note, if you have anything above a GeForce 6600 GT, I recommend buying the (cheaper and probably better) PC version of the game. These games don't require an uber-fast rig to run well.

I've been replaying HL2 ever since beating Portal and pwning on Team Fortress 2 for 10 hours or so. My plan is to play HL2, HL2 Ep1 and HL2 Ep2 in order. I forgot how much I love this game. (MINOR HL2 SPOILER AHEAD) Man the invasion of the prison with the alien army backing you... (MINOR HL2 SPOILER GONE)

Epic doesn't even begin to describe this game.

naznatips... just wait until you get to Episode 2. It has three times the intensity of anything in HL2.

Episode 2 was soooo good.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )