By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Orange Box - Impressions?

so when does the PS3 version come out???

Around the Network

So I lied. I played through portal last night. Short, but so good.

Also, there's cake at the end.

i heard that portal was really funny too. there's supposedly some writing you can find during the game, all scribble, that says "the cake is a lie!"... haha

I beat Episode 2 tonight.

Man...that was sooo good. Much better than Episode 1. It was everything I liked about Half Life 2...great car driving sequences, intense action, puzzle solving, breaks where I could sit around and goof off...oh man. I think I liked it more than Half Life 2, except for the length...which is understandable.

It looks great too...the outdoor environments are huge and pretty...lighting is upgraded and very good looking...

But man...I can't wait for Episode 3 now. I'll just say Portal ties in with HL2 closer than I thought...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

And yes, I beat Portal last night. Very funny game...I have to go back and beat the advanced levels now.

And of course, I shall clock many many more hours into TF2.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Played though some of Portal earlier and am loving it. I have never played Half-Life 2 or Team Fortress so I am really looking forward to playing those as well.

Could use some people to play Team Fortress with eventually though. If anyone has a chance add my Gamer Tag: Grumpy AL

Gamer Tag: Grumpy AL

I am addicted, what a deal! I have yet to even try portal. Gonna play through Ep.1 first as well as a bunch a TF2 through my journey.

SteamID: YfzinJay

I forgot just how freakin' awesome HL2 is. I'm starting at the beginning on 360 (played it on PC the first time) and then going through to Ep1 and 2.

Halo 3 has good sound; Half-Life 2 shits all over that sound. With a good setup, the game looks and sounds amazing (though the graphics are a tad dated, still better than games like Condemned though).

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I'm loving Portal, I haven't had time for TF2 and HL2E2 yet. I'm on Chapter 7 out of 11, so I guess my only complaint is I wish it was longer. This game is so awesome, Valve needs to release a Portal 2 with like 5x the levels.

I have the 360 version. Are there PC mods for Portal or just TF2?

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

I'm guessing the graphics for HL2 on 360 won't be that great...it still looks pretty good in high-res on a PC though. Episode 2 looked very good though...the dynamic shadows and advanced lighting added to Ep2 as well as Ep1 now makes things look better.

Episode 2 was epic though. Episode 1 mainly deals with City 17...but Episode 2 has a lot of huge outdoor environments...very pretty and less dull.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM