By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Quest Swords for Wii: Anyone going to buy this game?

This game looks amazing, I was thinking about getting this for the Wii. It did good in Japan and it plays well with the Wii-mote. I was checking on Youtube on this game and watched it and the video really gave me the information I needed about the game. What do you guys think about this game? Are you going to purchase it?

A must-have on my list of Wii games.

Around the Network

Me!

It seems that, if you are a fan of the franchise style, you may be dissapointed.

For everyone else, Rock On!.

@DonWii

I'm seriously liking this game. I know i will enjoy it. At first it was rather crazy but after looking at more videos. I started to feel a vibe with this game. Its amazing. Definetly a must-have.

I was initially excited about it, but heard rather lukewarm impressions from those who imported it. If it had come out soon after it did in Japan, I'd probably still have picked it up, but as it is, I've had like 3-4months for my excitement to cool down, and it still won't be out until sometime next year.

I have been realy excited for this game. No it is not a traditional RPG, but frankly I don't have time for those anymore. I think the biggest complaints out of Japn were that is was short and a tad easy. Niether one of those bothers me. Is there a US release date yet? I think it was a big mistake to wait so long for the US version. If it had hit in the wasteland of fall 2007in the US it could have been a million seller in the US. If it comes out in summer 2008, with the Wii lineup so strong, it may look a little less steller by comparison.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

Around the Network

Most people were dissapointed because it was soo different from a Dragon Quest RPG, from what I have heard.

@DonWii

It is different, but isn't the Wii different. Dragon Quest Swords has a different interface as for RPG's and it works amazing.

DonWii said:
Most people were dissapointed because it was soo different from a Dragon Quest RPG, from what I have heard.

I heard that it was short, repetitive, overly simple and easy.  Which, well, it didn't have to be.  There's a great deal of depth you could put into a challenging first person action/slasher, but at least according to my sources on the matter, they didn't.

choirsoftheeye said:
DonWii said:

I heard that it was short, repetitive, overly simple and easy.  Which, well, it didn't have to be.  There's a great deal of depth you could put into a challenging first person action/slasher, but at least according to my sources on the matter, they didn't.

I'm going by 1Up's impressions of their import, the one that appeared in one of their shows. They said it has a more arcade-like feel than traditional RPG and that, in that respect, it was very good.

I'll probably rent it. Looking more forward to FFCC myself.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"