By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gamestop and the Playstation 2 Phat

i want your lucky-ness...
i've been really really unlucky with my gaming this gen.

Around the Network
xlost8 said:
That was truly a sweet deal bro. Glad you made good use of the PS2 to be honest and plus it came with the HDD and network adapter! Sweetness was up your alley!

I had a similar situatin where I was trading in a bunch of games to get rid of and the original Metal Gear Solid was one of them. Gamestop doesn't take original Playstation games and I was really trying to get rid of Metal Gear Solid because I no longer wanted it. So the employee that was working at the time ended up buying it off of me for $30. He didn't want to see me just randomly give it away or throw it away so he bought it from me.

Sweet deal I say. Gamestop can be good in some instances and awful in some others but this my story and the dude story above can certainly give them some positive rep.

I tend to not mind most of the negative rep that GS has... probably because I don't have many other options around here. There's Games Galore and Game Swap, but both of those stores specialize in used-only - they get VERY little new merch - so it's either Gamestop or a non-videogame-centric store, and I don't like Meijer or Walmart because they rarely drop prices. There are still Wii launch titles at full price at those stores.

I also don't like Walmart because it's become the Microsoft of warehouse stores.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Lucky you.

You came at the right time right place =)