By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Guitar Hero Van Halen FREE when you Pre-Order Guitar Hero 5!

http://hub.guitarhero.com/vanhalengameoffer/

I saw this on the Guitar Hero Facebook page. It was hinted at about a week ago, but everyone just thought it was just a bundle offer, not a free game...

For those confused: You will get to order the other game (and will recieve it in the mail a little bit later) when GH5 comes out.

EDIT: It wasn't clear at first, but it has been cleared up by GameStop, that you don't actually have to pre-order, but it is still recommended. Read the details below.

You have to go online or mail in the offer by 10/31. The offer says "While supplies last", so... Pre-orders are most likely the best route... Also when you pre-order, you get 2 free D/L songs from GameStop, a faceplate from GameCrazy, 5 mp3's from amazon, or 2-day shipping free from the GHStore (we have one of those?)

I have called gamestop and clarified that you don't actually have to pre-order the game, but this is the most likely way for you to know you are going to get the game on Day 1, and be able to get GH:VH as soon as possible. (the code is in the manual), and you can still redeem the 2-song deal with the pre-order, so I still highly reccoment pre-ordering.

Also, GH5 can import almost all GHWT AND GH:Smash Hits songs confirmed:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/101/1011988p1.html

"And now for a bigger announcement. Guitar Hero 5 will be the first in the franchise to feature forward compatibility of songs from past games. On PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii, some of the disc-based songs from Guitar Hero World Tour and Smash Hits will be importable, for a fee, to work with Guitar Hero 5 and the upcoming Band Hero. What's more, currently 152 out of 158 Guitar Hero World Tour downloadable tracks will automatically work with Guitar Hero 5. All of the songs you import will be upgraded to work with the new Guitar Hero 5 features, such as band moments and vocal star power."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I will be buying GH5 and renting GH:Smash Hits now

Wonder what the 6 non-compatible songs are though... (RB2 had the same problem with about 5 songs, it think...

According to the site, it is "Unreleased" and "Advance", so I think that means you get it before anyone else, which is always good too.

Around the Network

Holy s**t that's a sweet deal. So you just pre-order from gamestop and then what?

But how do you submit your... purchased???

Clarified it up... It's still technically unclear whether or not you actually have to pre-order, but the GameStop site says you have to reserve it, while the GH:VH page says "when you purchase". I'd go with the pre-order for a safe bet.

So, ok. If I just pre-order from Gamestop, are they gonna give me a code or something? OR how am I supposed to redeem through online?

Around the Network

I am tempted!

Speculation on the incompatible songs would also be nice for the thread:

1. Hot for Teacher: It is confirmed to be in the GH:VH game, so I'm pretty sure it's one of them...

I really hope the other ones don't include "About A Girl by Nirvana"... I love nirvana ;_;

Maynard_Tool said:
So, ok. If I just pre-order from Gamestop, are they gonna give me a code or something? OR how am I supposed to redeem through online?

The redemption code is in the GH5 manual, similar to the way it was in the RB2 manual for the 20 free songs.

"Go to www.guitarhero.com/vanhalengameoffer to redeem online, or mail: (1) A letter with you name, address, platform of choice, and a unique game code from your GH5 manual, (2) offer sticker (from GH5 packaging), and (3) a copy of dated sales receipt, to: Van Halen Game Offer, 444 castro st. suite 140, Mountain View, CA 94041..." - guitarhero.com/vanhalengameoffer

Geez, that was a fistful to type up while looking at a screen... Ah well, Keyboarding came in handy...

Ok then... i just pre-ordered the game. x)

Just tried to send it to news@vgchartz.com, but got an error message... More people need to know about this awesome DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!