By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT5 set to outsell Halo3, becoming the best selling HD game

Maybe... if Halo 3 stopped selling right now.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
Um, how about no?

GT has never had the same attach rate that Halo has had and the Xbox 360 has a higher install base. The games still selling, that moving target of 10M won't be 10M if GT5 reaches the 10M bracket, it will be 11-12M by that time.

Did yo ueven read my first post? GT4 just  hit 10.8 million.

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

Yes, it's most likely to outsell Halo 3.

Ssliasil said:
Squilliam said:
Um, how about no?

GT has never had the same attach rate that Halo has had and the Xbox 360 has a higher install base. The games still selling, that moving target of 10M won't be 10M if GT5 reaches the 10M bracket, it will be 11-12M by that time.

Did yo ueven read my first post? GT4 just  hit 10.8 million.

So? The PS3 will be lucky to reach 1/2 of the current PS2 sales. Since the Xbox 360 usebase is made up partially of PS2 users from the previous generation, then Forza sales to these people could have likely been Gran Turismo sales in a previous generation or in this generation had things been different.

Tease.

I doubt it. That would require 43% of all ps3 owners to buy the game (assuming there are 23 million owners). I just don't see it happening. GT4 sold 10 million on a console that sold about 136 million units.

Around the Network

It's not impossible but it would require GT to sell 5 million+ in NA. I just don't see that happening.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Only if it they bundle it. It wont happen.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Its very possible. Developers are working very hard to make this the best Gran Turismo game in the whole series and reclaim their title as "Greatest Racing Franchise Game of All Time"

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

well its possible if it gets bundled with slim then yes if not then no

Um, I think everyone here is forgetting something. Halo is not in HD. So, it cannot be the highest selling HD game ever.