By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Help me out - will a PS3 Slim really change the game?

i think people are amped up about it b/c they now a price cut will come with it on launch or soon after meaning around the holidays i dont think it has nothing to with the slim itself

i think it will put MS in check meaning outsell it this holiday season and it willdo something to the wii if it gets a 300$ price tag

Play Me

Around the Network

I don't think it is going to have the impact some do.

I doubt it. There may be a temporary spike in sales, but the only thing that can really "change the game" is a price cut. Until then, people will flock to the Wii and the 360.

I don't think the "slim" matters to too many people, but the price cut does.  I've been waiting to buy another ps3 for the lakehouse for months, but won't until the price drops to $299.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Nope.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network

It will sell like bottled water.

4 ≈ One

I would think it would be pretty difficult to close the gap (~8 million) between the PS3 and the XBOX 360 before Microsoft comes out with their own price cut and/or new system (Xbox 360 + Natal).  I could be proved wrong though.

I would buy it if it were $99. Yes, I'm being serious and not trolling. I'm waiting until it's a bargain item so that all the good games are released for it, like the PS2 is now. Because I don't like the games that are currently on the console, so I'll wait until the end of its life.

It won't change the game, for the simple reason that the game is already over: Nintendo and Sony won, and Microsoft lost.

Total market share for consoles in 2008, according to VGChartz data, is Nintendo 46.3%, Sony 32.9%, Microsoft 20.8%. Total market share for 2009, up till today, is Nintendo 43.5%, Sony 32.5%, Microsoft 24.1%.

Both the Wii and the 360 are priced below the magic $300 mark separating elite electronics from mass sales. They'll get additional price cuts, but their sales are already near their peaks. The PS3, though, is just entering its prime time, both as a gaming machine and as a media hub.

No. Because the PS3 isn't really suffering from a price problem but from a negative sentiment in the gaming fan community that began as soon as it was announced that the PS3 would have a launch price of $600.00, and its hard to recover from all the negative comments that continue to this day. However, I think the PS3's fortunes may recover some after certain key titles come out in Japan leading to more Japanese support for the console. However, for it to really take second place I still feel the 360 would have to be retired early and with natal on the way I don't think that will happen.