By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm giving in

So my Wii had given me an error message probably 4-5 months ago and stopped starting up normally properly. It was still possible to start in maintenance mode to play games. However today when I tried to run My Life As a Darklord, it came up with a screen that reminded me of the NES when it would mess up, so I think I better send it in for repairs and pay the cost. Anyone have any experience of about how long it'll probably take for it to come back to me?

Around the Network

My friend kicked his Wii by mistake and screwed it up. He told me it was back to him 7 days later.

I have only ever heard good feedback from Nintendo customer service and repairs!

Endure. In enduring, grow strong.

I have no wisdom to lend you, just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear you're having troubles with your Wii.

between 7 - 12 days

Most likely better than Sony and Microsoft.

Around the Network

i had a friend send in his wii and he got it back in about two weeks.....from the time he sent it out to the day he got it back

he said their customer service is amazing (although his was still under warranty so I don't know how much the cost will be)

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

Odd that your problem could be resolved by Safe Mode for so long, though.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Is it still under warranty? If it is, you don't have to pay for anything.

When my Wii stopped reading CDs, I sent it in and got it back 5 days later. However, that is probably because where it was sent was the next state over.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Naw, it was a launch console, so it's way out of warranty now. It seems like Nintendo generally has a good turn around time from what I've read. It'll just be kinda annoying since I've been working for a school district, and summer school finished, so I'm currently off work for another couple of weeks. I still have my Japanese Wii, but there were a couple of games I was in the middle of on the American one.

Yeah, since I started having to go to maintenance mode, I've figured I should probably get around to sending it in some time, but since it still seemed usable, other than the message center which is unavailablke in that mode, I never got around to it until now with it having more problems. I don't want it to get to where it might lose my saves or anything if possible. I already applied through the repair center. I'll try to send it out today.

Nintendo customer service is top notch, it shouldent take too long