By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MS doesn't only steal games, songs too!

JEDE3 said:
Just makes me want to play LBP... I like the song in the matropolis stage with the boss.

Even before reading your comment and the uproar in the Youtube page of the video, I was thinking that such a stupid move could backfire against MS. And if Sony is bright enough in marketing dept (but alas for it, it isn't), it could exploit this dirty trick ended up as a bad mistake against MS, telling fanboys and astroturfers to spread the word across the net that MS envies LBP. And hey, it looks right so, don't just listen to the song, the whole video oozes LBP feeling.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
tedsteriscool said:
Xoj said:
kowenicki said:
......and sony stole it from my cd collection..... i might sue!

Get real people, its a tune like any other tune, Sony dont own it. Do people think those songs are original songs just for the game? lol.

PS. good album... go buy it.

actually they do, its from columbia records

which is owned by sony music.

pwned.

This makes me think Sony is smarter, marketing-wise, than I suspected: giving the permission to use the song they really had to be aware of the tight corner MS was getting itself into. And paying Sony for it too!!!     

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Xoj said:
kowenicki said:

Get real people, its a tune like any other tune, Sony dont own it. Do people think those songs are original songs just for the game? lol.

LoL

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

Xoj said:
kowenicki said:

You just pwned this thread, but perhaps not in the way you intended.

Sony sold Microsoft the right to use the jingle in this thread, therefore they themselves approve of its use. Microsoft just as much stole the tune as Sony stole Windows for their VAIO laptops.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Xoj said:
kowenicki said:

Sony sold Microsoft the right to use the jingle in this thread, therefore they themselves approve of its use. Microsoft just as much stole the tune as Sony stole Windows for their VAIO laptops.

or just think its free adverstising to Little big planet =)... making microsoft look silly.

sony didn't have to pay much to use the song since it's theirs, microsoft had to pay and it made unroar for LBP.

Around the Network

Confused Consumer: So if I buy an Xbox I can get the LBP game ?

===============================================

Its just marketing. Could work out well, could backfire. Either way its an unwelcome thorn in Sony's side. Which was probably the whole point.

haha, read the comments on youtube xD

Do you want japanese voices in FF13 and Versus 13? Write to these guys and tell them: support@square-enix-usa.com

MrBubbles said:

sounds like some of you dont remember this one

That's different. Everyone copies Nintendo

EDIT: I should mention I remember hearing Zelda music in the Millenium Dome several years ago.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

MrBubbles said:
xbl is free.

CONNECT FOR FREE!*

*Disclaimer: You won't actually be allowed to do anything, though, until you pay us $50 a year.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Xoj said:
Squilliam said:
Xoj said:
kowenicki said:

or just think its free adverstising to Little big planet =)... making microsoft look silly.

sony didn't have to pay much to use the song since it's theirs, microsoft had to pay and it made unroar for LBP.

Heh, I thought almost the same, actually going further. If Sony is clever enough, it can exploit this little accident to get even more free publicity for LBP than it would anyway get leaving reactions go by themselves

And, as I wrote on page 6 of this thread, I can't believe Sony didn't give use permission on purpose. 

But the most amusing thing are MS fanboys in blue funking denial!!!