By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 outperforms Xbox 360 for EA again

This is really not what I would expect, but it is what it is. Maybe we 360 users are just too focused on FPS games (of the Halo and Gears variety).

Around the Network

Here you go, Onyx.

Take a look at the product releases for Q1 FY10:

Fight Night 4
Harry Potter
The Godfather 2
Tiger Woods 10
Rock Band Track Pack

Perhaps the very large 360 library is just offering too much competitions for these titles. I *might* be interested in Fight Night eventually. Otherwise, I'm spending my money on Overlord II and other titles release in the past 5-6 months.

badgenome said:

Here you go, Onyx.

Thanks man.

Ok so it's the quarter ending June 30th, making the start date likely April 1st. Here's what was released on PS3 and 360. There were no exclusives.

Fight Night Round 4
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
The Godfather II
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10
Rock Band Track Pack Classic Rock

What I don't understand is that the 360 versions of all of these games outsold the PS3 versions, or in the case of Harry Potter, matched them. The 360 has a couple hundred thousand more across the five titles, but understand this doesn't take into consideration Rock Band downloads, however even that would supossedly favor the 360. Does anyone smarter than me want to venture into why the PS3 accounted for more revenue than the 360?

BTW, congrats to EA for great Wii business. They truly do get it.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
CrazyHorse said:
JEDE3 said:
CrazyHorse said:
FootballFan said:
fifa on PS3 outsells the xbox eqivelent massivly, and all the PSP EA games add to the total.

True, but then the Madden games sell far better on the 360

or do they? bum bum buuuuuummmmmmm

Well according to VGChartz they do .

Yeah but this site isn't accurate.

PS3 owners buy more garbage than 360 owners confirmed?

Ony - It shouldn't make much of a difference but... legs?

Can someone explain GAAP and non-GAAP revenue, because those numbers differ greatly.

JEDE3 said:
Ony - It shouldn't make much of a difference but... legs?

I understand your point, because the smaller increases might not get picked up by VGC, NPD or other trackers, but in the case of this quarter, the biggest release only had a week to sell until the quarter ending June 30th, and Tiger Woods and Harry Potter didn't get much more to sell either, making legs pretty much worthless for this quarter to explain the discrepancy with the numbers. First week sales favor the 360 at least 95% of the time, especially with EA titles.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.