By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's Judgement Day Is About To Come... Grip Yourself For The Explosions

RAZurrection said:
The person who wrote that article forgot one important fact:

No-one cares about Playstation anymore....see you need to think about these things.

Youre right no one cares about Playstation anymore...

The only people that care abour it now are:

over 8 million+ people in NA

over 10 million+ people in Others

over 4 million+ people in Japan

and the everyday people on VGC, thats very few people.

Around the Network
ShadowSoldier said:
Hmmm Im going to say at most the Sony Comeback will be them shortening MS lead from 7M-3M Max. While over taking Europe. If Sony was able to Get GT5 released+PS3 Slim+FFXIII (All Without a Pricecut) for the holidays (Which even though its not widely celebrated in Japan the christmas season is still a big shopping season over there) I can see Sony going from 3M in Japan to 4-5M

We shouldnt expect too much as Sony will want to gain both Marketshare and Profit from a Slim (Profit moreso)

This is a very important point.  Sony has been bleeding red very badly, even to the point of restructuring the company, and their console business isn't the only part of Sony that has been contributing to the losses.  I seriously doubt the executives are going to pass up the opportunity to produce a solid flow of black ink out of the gaming division, just so they can have a chance to make a big surge in console market share.  Sony is fighting to survive and really needs to cut its losses... that's much more important than temporarily "winning" in console sales, only to have investors pound the stock into the ground.

I know those cheering for Sony to come out swinging against 360 and Wii would love to see a big price cut, but you have to think of Sony's long-term viability first.  The PS3 may still experience a higher-than-usual surge in sales during the holiday season, particularly with a slim model and a few blockbuster games, but dominating the console landscape isn't likely to happen until the company gets back on its feet financially, and even then it's going to be a fight as Nintendo and MS aren't going to just roll over.