By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I've Been Burgled - Laptop, 28 Games, 2 Consoles.....

I'm surprised nobody has asked this: did you have any credit card info saved on your Wii or 360?

If so, call your credit card company now.

Also, go to XBox.com and change your Live password if you already haven't.

If you do any shopping or pay bills online or have any email accounts on that laptop, change all your passwords. In fact, change them all anyways.

Around the Network

Call Microsoft. See if they can check if anyone signs on with your username.

Somebody has done this before i believe.

Someone else just got arrested for stealing a blackberry because it had a GPS device on it that the guy tracked.

Good to hear you had insurance.

I recommend changing your passwords and stuff since you said yoou laptop got stolen.

4 ≈ One

get a guard dog 3 pitbulls

Orca_Azure said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
dsister44 said:

Plus We have a gun hidden in each room as well

But then what if the burglar finds the gun?

I leave broken guns that will backfire the second they are fired- it's the perfect defense mechanism. Burglar thinks he finds a good firearm- then boom- it explodes and shrapnel is bone deep in his wrist ;o

Did you get the gun in that vid, @2:20?

Around the Network

At least this happened twice to you. It did to me and my brother twice in less than a year. Things get replaced, don't worry about it. Having insurance helps out a ton.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

I've had this happen to my car before and I know for me the worst thing they took wasn't actually anything material...it kind of gets in your head a bit and changes the way you view your security and property. I've heard it said that the worst thing they take is the feeling of safety and from my experience this was true.

It comes back after time but never quite the same way....I think its sort of a good thing that you never fully let your guard down but at first it can really frazzle the brain to be constantly thinking about having locked your door.

Glad to hear nobody was hurt at least and the insurance will soften the blow.  Still I would definitely follow up on the MS idea to see if someone logs on and they can track it - same with the Wii.  Would be sweet sweet justice if the cops could catch up with the people who did it - and at worst they pawn it and you might get some save data back.

To Each Man, Responsibility
twesterm said:
I'm surprised nobody has asked this: did you have any credit card info saved on your Wii or 360?

If so, call your credit card company now.

Also, go to XBox.com and change your Live password if you already haven't.

If you do any shopping or pay bills online or have any email accounts on that laptop, change all your passwords. In fact, change them all anyways.

Thanks twesterm.  Didn't think of that.  Just called my credit card company to cancel my cards.  My credit card details was stored on my Wii.  Not sure it displays the details when you log on but they could of course download virtual console and wii ware games to heats content.  Will change my xbox live log in now.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

THAT SUX ;-;

That blows.