By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie Named Grand Marketer of the Year

The latest issue of Brandweek names Nintendo's Reggie Fils-Aime the Grand Marketer of the Year, saying that the man behind Nintendo of America preached the gospel of gaming and converted moms and the elderly into Wii addicts.

The spread inside the magazine lays out in more detail why Fils-Aime got the top pick, but mostly it's all the stuff we already know: He's flamboyant, loves to smack talk and is riding the success of what Brandweek calls bottled lightning. The piece also includes quotes from both Kotaku and Joystiq as well as some Chuck Norris-esque quotes about the marketeer.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/nintendo/reggie-named-grand-marketer-of-the-year-308370.php 

Around the Network

I hear he's a shoo-in for Supreme Marketing Overlord as well.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck

cool, and the control stick on the nunchuk should have been the dots on the two "i"s. >_>

Viva la Reggielution! :P No seriously I like him... He's cool... XD

Not familiar with this publication, but hats off to Mr. Fils-Aime!

Around the Network

Shocking. Brandweek is actually a really good magazine.

It's website is really neat too.

Alasted said:
Not familiar with this publication, but hats off to Mr. Fils-Aime!

It's an advertising magazine that pretty much just covers advertising in all it's forms.  If your interested in marketing it's pretty much the magazine to get.

Everything Nintendo does these days will be crowned as the best. They gotta take advantage of it while it lasts.

Here's a fun article on how they do it.(kinda) It explains a lot.

http://www.brandweek.com/bw/search/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003654828

Now the only thing to top that would be if the Time magazine named the Wii object of the year

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)