By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I really want a Star Fox game for the Wii. Its one of my favorite franchises and the controls for an arwing would be perfect. I want an announcement on Zelda Wii and Pikmin 3 too. Kid Icarus too.

Around the Network

No new IP?

Controls for an Arwing would be perfect, eh? I'm still not too sure about that. I think this is why we haven't seen a Star Fox yet. They're still deciding if they're going to take the motion control route or the traditional one. Honestly, I want them to take the traditional route.

But yeah, I want a Star Fox Wii as well along with F-Zero. Two of my favorite franchises!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Maybe not perfect but good, traditional or motion-control would be fine either way. I still would like some ground-based gameplay because I started being a fan of the series when I got Adventures.

No zelda wii. Zelda can wait til 2011 Star Fox is one game I would love to play online. Star Fox assult had the best muiltiplayer I ever played. F zero I yet played only parts of the GC title. Though I'm getting the SNES version though .

dsister44 said:
no new ip?

Original games are overrated

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

If they made a Starfox Wii and they it didn't control similarly to Wii Sports Resort Air Sports then I'd be very pissed off..

Among games that fans ask, but I doubt they'll ever be started to be developed, are Star Fox and Kid Icarus for Wii. Not that I don't like them (I actually would love to see Star Fox on the current console), but I'm hopeless to find them on the Wii.

Kid Icarus, in my point of view, is only that asked because of Pit's appearence in Brawl, because I've never heard a former NES owner and hardcore fan to praise that game so much.

Star Fox, although very liked by many Nintendo fans, seems to have lost two important things: Rare, which used to develop the games, and, perhaps, audience. I think that the last two instalment of the series (Assault, for GC, and Command, for DS) made players run away, well, I don't know.

Anyway, I hardly foresee a launch of these games, but who am I to say something like that?

Maneco's Hall of Lame
As of October 2010 and, hopefully, until the end of times

Notable Mentions (a.k.a. "Games I Played and Hated")

The Legend of Zelda:
Ocarina of Time

Pokémon Channel

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity

Rare only developed Star Fox Adventures, and it wasn't even supposed to be a Star Fox game in the first place. Nintendo figured out that the main character looked a lot like Fox and then decided to replace the main character with him.

The first Star Fox game was developed by Argonaut Software and it was released on the SNES. It was an arcade-style flying shooter. Then, a sequel came out for the N64 and it was the best game the franchise ever had, still even today.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

@OP

Based on the comments made by Nintendo at E3 I would say it is highly unlikely that you will see either a Starfox or a Kid Icarus. Nintendo was pretty blunt about only making games that all their demographic can play. Just be thankful they have dedicated teams for both the Zelda series and the Mario series.

That said I feel your pain. I was holding on to my Wii to play new installments in these core series. Especially Starfox which is one of my favorite series of all time as well. I think this is one of the genres getting really neglected this generation. Which really stinks. With the online ability of all the platforms a good space based dogfight would be a hell of a lot of fun.

Starfox online would be awesome. Maybe not in execution, but the 'fact' that you could do it would be exciting.

I think Fox McCloud could be rebuilt into a serious franchise if put in the right hands. A crossover into a deeper sci-fi realm could pay off tons. That type of thing has attracted millions of fans to Halo and stuff. SF could transcend a game and have a universe. Variation of species (Klingon, Borg, Wookies for example). Scope really pulls people in, evidenced by Pokemon.

Just a franchise wasting away, and Star Fox 64 was SO good, its not even funny.........

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."