By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Shadow of the Colossus has the best OST in a video game ever !

Video games - most people think of these as killing countless number of enemies, wave after wave after wave. Shadow of the Colossus is the most differently awesome epic videogame EVER.

Its one of my favourites - on par or even better than MGS and God of War..

The OST is the most epic ever , anyone else who thinks otherwise is half dead...or obssessed with FPS games...

Team ICO's new game - The Last Guardian which I'm sure will be awesome will be lucky to be as good as SotC because this game is just a big mixture of music, gameplay and full of awe inspiring moments . Each colossus was a different challenge - The electirc thing in the water , the HUGE flying thing and the 15th guy which you have to jump on top of from a broken bridge connecting two buildings - the sheer scale of the colossi was mind boggling. 

The Last Guardian would be luck to top that . I hope Team ICO make a sequel or a remake after they are done with Last Guardian.

Now to the OST..

Post your favourites too...

Around the Network

OST? is that original sound track?

Ya...

I love the music from that game.

It's fantastic. Definitely one of the best ever. Though, I still think Suikoden II and Final Fantasy Tactics OSTs are better

Around the Network

Everyone has there opinion...Don't take the half dead part seriously..

I believe there are better ones, but hey, it's your opinion! ;)

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

It is great.

i always listen to it :-]

Yeah, I like some particular FF7 songs more(One winged angel, Aeris theme), but in their remade version, the music in the game is just memorable in their melody and lacks elaboration or sound quality that was added later.

Other I like is Kingdom Hearts, but again I consider a lot f songs just like fillers, some world songs, but It has tracks like March Caprice in KH1 and Fantasia alla marcha in KH2 that make the overall OST amazing.

But I consider Shadows OST to be simply amazing, the best overall score and the way it was added in the game does a lot for the gameplay and the enviorment, so I guess I agree.