By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - OK, I've read the forum rules and I'm still confused ...

I've been active recently on the forums and it's really cool debating consoles and such. However, I've noticed some posters with several posts being banned. I don't want to get booted - I read the forum rules, and I'm still confused. In a nutshell, what kind of stuff can you write that will get you banned?

Any help is appreciated ...

Around the Network

Offending someone on the site can get you banned.

mM

or trolling about ps3 numbers that needs to be changed.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Saying all PS3 owners look like Beaker from the Muppets might get you banned, but I'm not sure!

just be nice, is that so hard for people on the interwebs, i rarely post on the ONM forums anymore because since the Wii/PS3 release the majority of posts seem to be from either Nintendo fanboys or a group of people made largely of MS fanboys but also some old Nintendo people who changed to 360..... It gets really annoying trying to sort out the intelligent posts so i stopped posting.

I think the current success of the Wii has brought out the fanboy side of a lot of posters and brought in a few new people who are there to just "flame"

I like this site because it has much much less of that kind of thing going on than other sites, probably because the age group is older by average....but if people can't be nice or at least civil then this forum will go wrong too. Is it that hard not to retort to a post you disliked with insults.

Around the Network

Most of the people being banned (recently) are those who have been banned in the past making new accounts just to troll. You probably don't need to worry about anything.

madskillz said:

I've been active recently on the forums and it's really cool debating consoles and such. However, I've noticed some posters with several posts being banned. I don't want to get booted - I read the forum rules, and I'm still confused. In a nutshell, what kind of stuff can you write that will get you banned?

Any help is appreciated ...

Say what you want to say and write what you want to write.

Which is worse, getting banned from a place that won't let you say what's on your mind or being stuck in a place that won't let you say what's on your mind?

Mostly trolling and insulting others can get you banned.

Just hug atleast one person daily and you won't be banned.

I am Daemon. I am the Word.

You also might want to avoid insulting poeples race, nationality, religion, sex, sexual preferences... those kind of stuff... if you use normal manners and always point out when you are jokeing you should be fine....