By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I've plugged my Wii on a HDTV!

Lag is a combination of your TVs responce time and the cables. You MUST use component cables, the colors and details are superior, but the most important thing is the lag. I have my Wii connected to a 26" HDTV with 8 ms responce time, useing compsoite cables, the lag was horrible. Useing component cables, it was just like my old CTR tv,

Around the Network

Component cables, use them.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

The components are night and day, seriously. I know my stuff on this one. Night and bleepin day. Get em.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Voltaire said:
Lag is a combination of your TVs responce time and the cables. You MUST use component cables, the colors and details are superior, but the most important thing is the lag. I have my Wii connected to a 26" HDTV with 8 ms responce time, useing compsoite cables, the lag was horrible. Useing component cables, it was just like my old CTR tv,

Would such a thing happen with older systems that don't have component options?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
Voltaire said:

Would such a thing happen with older systems that don't have component options?

I would say so. Useing compsite cables (or anything 'worse' than it) on an HDTV creates lag. Your TV has to process the analog signal into digital, adding to your TVs responce time.

Around the Network
tedsteriscool said:
Yeah, Wii looks terrible on an HDTV (even with component cables).

That's true if and only if your HDTV has a crappy scaler.

I have played the Wii on a Sony 32'' inch LCD and the image looked exactly the same as on my 32'' CRT which supports 480p natively.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Mine looks just fine on my 500$ 32 inches HDTV

any standard a/v cables will look like crap on an hdtv. get the component cables.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

When I first plugged in the Wii with the normal cables a few years back the games looked terrible, I don't own a SDTV so I thought it might have been the Wii, but when I got the componet cables the next day the games looked flawless. Mario Galaxy looks really good on my 52inch Samsung lcd. I have no ghosting or lag on my screen. I own both the Wii and the PS3 (using hdmi) and I can switch back and forth between consoles just fine, without noticing a huge drop in graphic quality!!

I used component cables, changed to widescreen mode, ect. It looks the same as a regular TV, but bigger. :)