By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect 2 box art revealed

Munkeh111 said:
Asriel said:

A new Shepard? That's a little strange... I'd rather it be a new character, so that Shepard's death is felt in the game universe.

I agree, but preferably everyone will stay alive in mine

From the sounds of things, that might not be possible.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
Munkeh111 said:
Asriel said:

A new Shepard? That's a little strange... I'd rather it be a new character, so that Shepard's death is felt in the game universe.

I agree, but preferably everyone will stay alive in mine

From the sounds of things, that might not be possible.

I know, I will need many playthroughs too see the large number of possibilities

Shepard can survive the game, so can all your team, from what I've heard. You just have to find a way to make them survive a 'suicide mission'.

I can't wait.

Asriel said:
Shepard can survive the game, so can all your team, from what I've heard. You just have to find a way to make them survive a 'suicide mission'.

I can't wait.

From some of the stuff shown this is what I think, but it is slightly spoilerish, so...

When the Normandy is being destroyed, it appears from IGN coverage that you get the choice of Shep or Joker, who can't walk remember

Munkeh111 said:
Asriel said:

I can't wait.

From some of the stuff shown this is what I think, but it is slightly spoilerish, so...

When the Normandy is being destroyed, it appears from IGN coverage that you get the choice of Shep or Joker, who can't walk remember

In that case, Seth Green must die.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
Munkeh111 said:
Asriel said:

I can't wait.

In that case, Seth Green must die.

I quite liked him, he was certainly quite an interesting character in the first one

I do, too. But he's no Shepard.

Indeed, but letting him die will be hard, and that is a good thing in terms of making the morality system feel more powerful

Exactly. There are some tough decisions in Mass Effect 1, so I'm expecting even tougher calls in ME2. Excited much.

Asriel said:
Me said:
Good, i'm not saying he needs to die - just that I think they've succeeded in creating a fantastic gaming universe with so many complex species interactions, histories, problems, advantages etc and I literally have completed ME three times and am still learning new stuff on each play through.

I just would kinda like them to make the franchise about the universe and not just one mans plight. Maybe we'll have new ME spin-offs / sister franchises down the line when this story has completed, who knows

Mass Effect 2 is the second part of a planned trilogy, Shepard will be the main character in the 3rd game, but only if you make sure he survives the second game. After ME3, the story will probably move on from Shepard. They do have plans for Mass Effect to be a big franchise, the first spin off came out on iPhone and didn't feature Shepard as the main character. So it is possible they'll do something with more focus on the wider universe or on particular species.

I'm currently playing through that and reckon i'm very near the end - again a fantastic storyline and quite good introduction to what maybe importnat characters in ME2.

Really good game and so far the best game i've played on my iphone.