By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 graphics/reality comparison quiz - what will YOU score?

Let's see this game it's all it's gory!

High rez shots:

Around the Network
sieanr said:
ultraslick said:
wow, most cameras have that bad motion blur that you wouldn't want in screens from a video game, which is why the GT ones look better. Really quite amazing though.

I think you have it the other way around.... GT has shitty motion blur

@ naznatips - looking back at it again, quite a few things are a giveaway, namely the trees. I really wasnt looking that closly at things.

The trees were the giveaway?  They only had tress in three of those shots, and they were so blurred you can't make much out of the mess of green.

There' no way those pictures are real. The graphics are just impossible.

grandmaster192 said:
There' no way those pictures are real. The graphics are just impossible.

believe, my son, believe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

I got 14, I had seen pics of that red car before though.

Looks great, but they are low-res.

Not the point though, guys, don't start bashing it because the pics are low-res...it is the best looking car sim out there, so yeah. I do think that we will be laughing at ourselves in 10 years though, when it is 100% impossible to distinguish the two. The main problem I think is rendering realistic backgrounds and models.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

btw i got an 8 if anyones interested....
the only reason i got a score that high was because of the cafe scene that i already saw before and the words on the pics....
man thats sad..

anyone ever wondered how hard it would be to add crash damage to cars this beautiful?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

The shots makingmusic476 posted are still much smaller than the game will render and it is very clear in each of those shots that they're video game shots. If they were full size, it would only be more obvious.

10 out of 15, good, very good.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

1st on the second page :D

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"
BenKenobi88 said:
I got 14, I had seen pics of that red car before though.

Looks great, but they are low-res.

Not the point though, guys, don't start bashing it because the pics are low-res...it is the best looking car sim out there, so yeah. I do think that we will be laughing at ourselves in 10 years though, when it is 100% impossible to distinguish the two. The main problem I think is rendering realistic backgrounds and models.

^^ Thats what I was thinking, with low-res small pictures everything looks better, the game looks absoutly fantastic but when you look at the big pictures you still see that the backrounds aren´t as real as the cars and that things look to clean to be real... but by the time the next-gen arrives or even the one after that simulation games (expecially car and airplane games) will look as real as it gets. We haven´t even maxed out this generation yet so the next will blow our minds (if things ceep stepping up the way they are now.. which they should)